Carvana Sells a Stolen Corvette :-(

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
A Savannah man says Carvana sold him a stolen Corvette, something he didn’t know until police ran his temporary tags.

Adrian Kirkland’s brother posted a TikTok after Savannah police took interest in Kirkland’s newly purchased 2017 Corvette.
“I couldn't believe it, man, I thought I was being pranked,” Kirkland told WJCL 22.

Within hours of picking up his car from Carvana, it was gone.
Kirkland and his brother exclusively spoke to WJCL 22 about the traumatic experience.
“So many people have contacted me like, 'I can't believe they sold you a stolen car,' How did it pass the insurance because the insurance people insured it?

How did it pass the registration, the DMV?
What did it go wrong,” Kirkland said.

The TikTok went viral with nearly a half million people viewers in days, including folks at Carvana who acted quickly to resolve the situation.
Kirkland says they've offered to find him a new Corvette and provide compensation for the experience.
In a statement, Carvana says Kirkland is a victim of a "sophisticated fraud" and that they're working with Kirkland and investigators to make the situation right, including a full refund for his purchase.

Savannah police say they'll continue to hold the vehicle while the investigation continues.
Despite the company's efforts, Kirkland believes it should've never happened.

“You know, a billion-dollar corporation, why are you selling people stolen cars?
It could happen to you, and that's the reason we took to TikTok. It could happen to you,” Kirkland said.

Watch this

https://www.wjcl.com/article/savannah-man-says-carvana-sold-him-stolen-car/46847652

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Back in the late 80’s a friend bought a used Ford Capri 2.8 injection from a main Ford Dealer who took it in part exchange. Turned out to be a stolen car. He got his money back fortunately.