Corvette letters.

Custom exotics

Well-known user
Just unscrew them like a normal nut whilst applying some gentle pull to the letter try sliding a thin bit of plastic under letter to start nut unscrewing off the pin

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
After nuts removed
If there is any thin back to back tape used
Get some dental floss behind the letters, slowly cut that tape

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
After nuts removed
If there is any thin back to back tape used
Get some dental floss behind the letters, slowly cut that tape
Thanks, they seem to have one long pin the the speed nut goes on and a short pin the just locates and keeps the letter level. Some are not speed nuts that unscrew but spring steel things that are designed to go on once and wont pull off the other way. It was these typei was queryingπŸ‘

Custom exotics

Well-known user
Good luck with those type normally find using a right angled picker tool and try and bend a few of the legs away to release it off

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I had to take my spring steel things off. I found using a thin bladed screw driver you could lever it a tiny bit at a time on opposite sides of the clip.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Thanks both will try the pick idea first πŸ‘
Well I got them off finally , now I am trying to fit the new letters, they come with circular spring steel almost domed washers that push on, except they dont very well at all. Off to the garage to look through the pic a packs to see if anything similar available. I removed the rear no plate surround and lamp holder to gain a bit of access . All a bit tight in there