ECM on it's way back to me

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
At long last my ECM is on its way back to me from Davies Corvette Fl, they ended up having to replace and program a replacement ECM (matched to my car's VIN) after a major fault found. Other than the whole program having been dumped, the micro processor was fried. Should be with me Monday 6, so assuming all ok after plugging it in, next stage is MOT, un SORN, then back on the road, it's only been 5 months!

EJSC4

CCCUK Member
Hi Mick. I need a repair/rebuild on ECM. Its a February 1983 built C4 Euro spec(very different from domestic item) Would the company who did yours be capable of doing mine?

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
Can't see why not, you need to provide the VIN and correct mileage as they program to the specific vehicle. You could email them first to confirm everything. Person I dealt with was Bob, you will have to complete the correct forms from the mailing provider, I used UPS, and of course the good old UK will tax you on the returned unit, even though it's not a purchase, what a rip off.

EJSC4

CCCUK Member
Thanks Mick. I will contact them and hopefully get mine repaired. I bought a second hand ECM which will not work correctly on my car, it is designed for emission and catalysers etc that my car doesn,t have. Yes I know about the VAT situation, anything above £135 is subject. How much did they charge for your repair, if you dont mind me asking?

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
Repair was as they listed on their website, $461, add on return freight charge, mine was $109. They actually replaced my ECM as they also found the micro processor was fried, so simply giving me a new module then reprogramming was cheaper than having to strip mine down then resolder all the connections etc. I was amazed that after 5 months of non starting, after plugging the ECM in, engine fired up perfectly first time.