Engine compartment light bulbs ? 1989

Spicer89

Well-known user
can someone please enlighten me on what bulbs can be used as replacements for the engine compartment bulbs.
Below is the original and what I’m thinking of replacing them with. Will any work or does this have to be specific, options from across the pond are mental money for bulbs with pnp.
Thank for reading
Tom

Attachments

• 65D43A64-B80C-4B5B-87F9-5EB25C103DE7.jpeg
    65D43A64-B80C-4B5B-87F9-5EB25C103DE7.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 9
  • EEF27592-3F3D-4EE1-B800-633EC2F27713.jpeg
    EEF27592-3F3D-4EE1-B800-633EC2F27713.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Spicer89

Well-known user
Yes this was my thinking with the battery drain and less heat it’s got to be a good thing right.
I ended up getting exactly the same ones from a local motor car shop: payed way over the odds but I don’t mind these shops are a rarity now days and Great buissness to keep going.

the engine compartment lights remain on continuously once the car is locked do yours ?
I have a battery cut off switch under the hood I have to Flick off to save the drain.

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
Yes this was my thinking with the battery drain and less heat it’s got to be a good thing right.
I ended up getting exactly the same ones from a local motor car shop: payed way over the odds but I don’t mind these shops are a rarity now days and Great buissness to keep going.

the engine compartment lights remain on continuously once the car is locked do yours ?
I have a battery cut off switch under the hood I have to Flick off to save the drain.
No my lights go off when the hood is closed, they have mercury tilt switches inside the light units.
Use classic car LEDs, I have bought stuff from other places but they don't last very long. All my interior lights are now led just because I didn't like the heat that the old lamps produced.