Euro prom for ECM

EJSC4

CCCUK Member
I had a faulty ECM which was causing lots of problems. I obtained a recon unit from USA, the problem now seems to be with the prom. My car is Euro spec with no 02 sensor and the USA spec prom is giving 02 fault. I tried to fit the original prom but the ECM is now giving faulty prom codes. Can anyone suggest where I may be able to obtain a new prom which is programmed for the Euro spec cars? i.e. no 02 sensor. Plan B is to fit an 02 sensor, but the car has no wiring and and no pins on plug, so not keen to go that route. Although the car is driveable the check engine light comes on and car has performance issues.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
You did not mention what year and model your C4 is and that does make a difference ?

I do tuning of ECMs and PCMs
Does the E-prom plug directly into the ECM or does it plug into a Memcal and that then plugs into the ECM ?

You have access to or know someone who could burn into an E-prom via an E-prom program burner if I email you a tune ?

I marked in red what DTCs would have to be changed

As to your other E-prom are you sure you are matching the notch in E-prom the correct direction of the I/C socket
or one of the pins bent rather than plug into the I/C socket ?

You do not want to touch the legs of E-prom as that could cause static charge and ruin the chip

C4O2dtc.jpg

EJSC4

CCCUK Member
The car is 84 model crossfire. The E-prom plugs directly into ECM. I am not personally doing the work, being done by a very competant mechanic. I will pass on your comments and suggestions. I doubt he has the facilities to alter E-prom. Is that something you can do? if so could I send the E-prom to you?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Well that is tough as 1984 using the crossfire engine and then in 1985 GM went with a TPI engine means
there is little support for the 1984 as to the ECM and tuned E-prom Calibrations

Add that the E-prom calibrations were not all the same as you MUST get a GM 1984 E-prom for which engine
your C4 has as calibrations are different of manual or auto tranny plus you're needing a Euro version

First place I would say to try, and I included below is Hypertech as they were big in selling C4 E-prom tunes
Go to the bottom of their webpage and click on "Contact Us"
and request they guide you to which of their E-proms model is for your year, model, type of tranny and Euro version

1984, Automatic Transmission88999109, 1226026, 01226026
1984, Manual Transmission1226430, 01226430

84 w/AT Prom Chip (Memcal)

1984 CORVETTE ECM (E-PROM) memcal BROADCAST CODE CDR GM ORIGINAL | eBay

1984 Corvette C4 Manual ECM Prom Chip DBP 9842 1226430 | eBay

EJSC4

CCCUK Member
Thanks for your help, that is good contact. The car is auto. Yes finding it difficult regarding the year, also being an early production model (March 1983) doesn,t help

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member

EJSC4

CCCUK Member
Thanks for the info. Sadly the car is a US import and not Euro spec. The FB page is worth keeping an eye on for future requirements. Thanks