Fuel lines

Orson Kart

Regular user
I’m by no means a mechanic but am willing to give it a go. I need to replace my fuel lines to get my ‘89 through an MOT this year. Can any of you please advise me for, or against, replacing the old leaky hoses with this? I’m not sure if they're suitable, but they certainly look cost effective.

Attachments

• A205B8F7-1704-47B5-927B-C2D7EBBB7D89.jpeg
    A205B8F7-1704-47B5-927B-C2D7EBBB7D89.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 11

Orson Kart

Regular user
This looks a better option, a bit more expensive but I think its worth it

Attachments

• 1A7784E4-34AA-4280-B99C-35ADF574EEC7.jpeg
    1A7784E4-34AA-4280-B99C-35ADF574EEC7.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 8

Roscobbc

This looks a better option, a bit more expensive but I think its worth it
Be sure that the braided hose has the appropriate standards marked on it (and from a 'known' manufacturer) for use with fuels - especially those with Ethanol content. A few years back there was a glut of glitsy, anodised ended, braided stainless steel hosing and fittings being sold that rotted-out within a year or so - I had a braided carb to fuel inlet across the engine........the real issue of the inner rubber/vinyl liner perishing was hidden by the our braiding. If you were lucky you might have been fortunate to see or smell the fuel dripping off the braiding (and before it became a 'torrent' fed under pressure from the fuel pump) and the imminent risk of a major engine fire following-up!

Orson Kart

Regular user
Thanks for the feedback guys, I don’t think the job is going to be easy, but definitely having the right materials and a bit of advice goes a long way 👍