Ade Martin

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
With great sadness, wife Linda has told me that my friend Ade has passed, after a year long fight with cancer. At the too young age of 60. Ade was one of a group of guys from Nottingham who have bought numerous C7 & C8 Corvettes and Camaros from Ian Allan in Virginia Water. Ade was the Corvette/Camaro "guru" up there. His knowledge of these cars and his attention to detail was amazing. He enjoyed giving his advice and time working on these cars, all for free. He advised Paul up there what spec to order for his C8 that won "Best C8" at the last Nationals. Living in Surrey, I used to meet up with Ade and the "lads" from Notts when they came down to Ian Allan to buy/collect a car, or have them serviced/plugged in.

I am not going to say RIP Ade, as I'd like to think he's "up there" giving God some advice on what he needs to do with his "motors." Photos of Ade with his black C7 Stingray and his Lingenfelter tuned Camaro ZL1

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-04-18 at 13.06.33.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-18 at 13.06.33.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 35
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-04-18 at 13.05.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-18 at 13.05.41.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Rich

Administrator
This is very sad. Ade helped me immensely with my Camaro always offering advice whenever he learnt of something significant which could affect my car and with parts. Due to distance we only got together at the Nationals and once at Ian Allan Motors when he "bullied" them into doing a £1500 gearbox oil flush on my car under warranty. He was so helpful and had a lovely attitude to his illness which he kept at bay for so long defying medical advice. I was due to call in to see him a couple of weeks ago following a visit to PartsUSA but alas he was too unwell. I will miss our chats, duck (as he used to call me) and your friendship. Farewell Ade.

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
I only knew Ade by reputation and regrettably not personally. However, I do know that he was held in the highest esteem by a good number of CCCUK members, not only in his own region but from all around the country. Ade's knowledge about Corvettes and his warm personality will be sadly missed.

DunkyKeith

CCCUK Member
I met Ade a couple of times and he was a fount of knowledge. He help loads of the C&N guys with their cars, from advice to hands on work at his place. He was very supportive of events and cars and will be greatly missed. I was sent the following by another member:

Ade Martin had the best car knowledge of anyone I’ve known. I thought I knew about my own car until I met Ade. This knowledge didn’t just include the makes and models, but all the technical details that would put most professionals to shame. His passion for cars, especially those of American heritage, was unmatched, and infectious to anyone who had the pleasure of meeting him. This knowledge wasn’t just theoretical either, it was matched with vast technical skills to repair and maintain them all. His own cars were among some of the cleanest too, with every nut and bolt, seen or unseen, fully prepared and detailed! He was definitely the man to buy a car off.
Beyond this knowledge and passion was a man who would help anyone, and he had a positive impact on so many people. He was always ready to share his passion, knowledge and skill, with anyone who needed it. If you needed advice about cars, or needed help repairing your own pride and joy, all you had to do was pick up the phone and he would be there for you.
A man with a sharp sense of humour to make you laugh. A man fearless behind the wheel who could scare the bravest. A generous and honest man you could always rely on. A man who lived his best life even facing the harshest of challenges.
A true friend taken too soon, who will be missed by so many, but who will live on in the memory of those who had the pleasure of knowing him.

redvettehead

CCCUK Member
This is so sad. Ade was so generous with his time, his knowledge (and parts too). He was always happy to answer any questions I texted him or raised at club meets, and I would be amazed at the amount of detail he would go into. He was like a walking, talking Haynes manual (only better). I'm lucky enough to own a C5 that he helped Mick Gilbert (fellow member who I bought it off), maintain to an incredibly high standard. When I bought the car off Mick, Ade was there happily explaining what he and Mick had done to the car over the years. And when he found out my son (who was with me) loved Camaros, he took him out for a spin in his immaculate blue Camaro while I took the C5 for a test drive. At last year's nationals he came over to me with a box of exhaust tips and just gave them to me. He was such a lovely guy and will be sorely missed. My condolences go out to all his family and friends. 🖤

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
A man with a sharp sense of humour to make you laugh
A "Wry" sense of humour. On a Thurday in April, I spotted a very nice Camaro convertible in Amersham on Autotrader and sent him a link. He asked me to go and check it out the next day, saying it was a Birthday present for wife Linda. He bought it and had it delivered/on the drive on Saturday. Are you sure thats for Linda and not for you I asked? Yes, for Linda he said, her present was either the Camaro or a new cover for the ironing board.