Can anyone explain this ?

Waynio

CCCUK Member
I was under it cleaning back and noticed the handbrake cable touching the D/S seat well. Can anybody think of the problem please.
I know the handbrake cable is maxed out on adustjment so will be forward a lot more than normal but even if it was all the way back it would still be touching te seat base.
I have taken measurements and pics to show the differences. I am trying to work out if the chassis is twisted or body dropped but up to now nothings seems to go towards to a twisted chassis or dropped body/collapsed body mount.

Body to chassis is no different.

D/S
20241013-164421.jpg

P/S
20241013-164409.jpg

Although arch edge to wheel on drivers side is 40mm lower.

These points, slight difference

P/S

20241013-171809.jpg

D/S

20241013-171821.jpg

View down the transmission tunnel, shows the D/S base is lower.
20241013-170200.jpg

Sill to Body

P/S, same height

20241013-171620.jpg

20241013-171632.jpg

Line of the handbrake cable

20241013-151754.jpg

Roscobbc

Cant help re. the disparity left to right of the parking braake cables........not too long after I bought my car and totally replaced all parking brake componets I also replaced the parking brake cable assembly which had stretched enough to use-up all the adjustement on the cable. That certainly seemed to improve the brake efficiency........for a while (and they all eventually stretch if you use the parking brake regularly.
Perhaps look-see if the brake mechanism at the handle-end in the cabin is correctly located?

Emc

Supporting vendor
One thing to remember, the parking brake system remained the same design throughout the C2/C3 , in 1981/82 the drivers floor pan is different and lower to the rest to accommodate the power seat option

Waynio

CCCUK Member
One thing to remember, the parking brake system remained the same design throughout the C2/C3 , in 1981/82 the drivers floor pan is different and lower to the rest to accommodate the power seat option
i was lying in bed this morning thinking about that as only the D/S is elecy seat. you can tell the chassis is manufactured the way it is and not bent or damaged in anyway. ill be replacing the body bushes soon and then ill check the leaf spring as D/S is 40mm lower to the wheel tyre.