Sat 20 Jul 2024 - 09:00
Until: Sun 21 Jul 2024 - 16:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Also, the 1960 model was only used in the first episode. As the show came out in the fall of 1960 Chevrolet wanted to promote the latest corvette which by that time was a 1961 model. Every year the latest corvette was supplied.
It was never explained how the boys ( well Todd) afforded it tho.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Also, the 1960 model was only used in the first episode. As the show came out in the fall of 1960 Chevrolet wanted to promote the latest corvette which by that time was a 1961 model. Every year the latest corvette was supplied.
It was never explained how the boys ( well Todd) afforded it tho.
Sorry Nassau, I deleted my post above yours saying that Tod & Buz never drove a red Corvette in the Route 66 TV show. Then again, might be people at Nationals with actual Route 66 coloured cars? :)

"The show was never filmed in color, so no one ever saw a red Corvette on Route 66. Still, most people assume (and want to believe) that the car Tod and Buz cruised in was a Roman Red Corvette convertible. There never was a red Corvette in the show…and there was a reason.

Because the show was in black and white, and to light the scenes properly when the guys were in the car, the Corvette’s color had to be neutral and not reflect too much light. It had to work with the film crew’s lighting scheme.

Here’s what George Maharis (Buz) said: “It was light blue in the pilot and early episodes, and then it was beige for the run of the series….When they used the beige Corvette, that color absorbed more light and cast less reflection.”

The color for the pilot and early episodes was most likely Horizon Blue. Afterward, the color was Fawn Beige, and finally Saddle Tan on the last Corvette in the show."

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, it’s very strange that 1960 ( or a 1959 which is virtually identical to a 60) in Red with a white cove is THE Route 66 pin up car.
I must admit my 1960 was Red with white cove, Black interior.

Letank

CCCUK Member
Just arrived home from another great day at the Nationals.

Special thanks to Stuart, the committee members, and everyone else working behind the scenes to make the day happen.

Some lovely machines on show again, so well done to all the winners! 🏆

IMG_5009.jpeg

IMG_4944.jpegIMG_4952.jpegIMG_4969.jpegIMG_4976.jpegIMG_5013.jpegIMG_5060.jpegIMG_5045.jpegIMG_5027.jpegIMG_5052.jpeg

johng

CCCUK Member
Just got home too. Weather was kind (no rain) and I thought the venue was really good. Also got to chat with a few forum regulars, who I'd never met before, which was good. Forgot to take any photos though!

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Have to agree with all you guys have said . A fabulous day today with so many superb cars ( I counted 140 ) . Great to chat with old friends and new . Sorry I missed you Letank you must have been one of the few I didn`t get to meet !! Nice to meet you and your wife too JohnG after so many posts on the forum . The constant Spitfire and Mustang flights was the icing on the cake . :D
DSC_4644.JPGDSC_4603.JPGDSC_4648.JPGDSC_4636.JPGDSC_4634.JPGDSC_4610.JPG

phn

CCCUK Member
Thanks to everyone involved in organsing - this the most well run, friendly, fun and relaxing car event I have been to.

My Son and I shared so many great memories - driving to the watermill cafe with the roof off, looking at all the amazing Corvettes and speculating what we would do with a lottery win(!), that great gala dinner, watching the aircraft, meeting loads of new (and old) friends, and even winning a prize! Superb!

I had a lovely day yesterday at the Nationals in Sywell, chatting to lots of friendly people, mostly about Route 66! Thank you for inviting me and also to everyone who bought a copy of my book Finding Carla. It was great to see so many fabulous Corvettes, especially the assortment of C1's. Bonus buy was the endless display of Spitfire and Mustang flights. I tried to put a post with several photos on the Corvette UK Facebook page, but seem to only have succeeded in posting a video of the planes. (Technology sometimes defeats me!). Here's the link. Lesley Anne Brown - Finding Carla
www.authorlesleyannebrown.co.uk

Last edited:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Well great weekend thanks to everyone who made it so. Last man standing waiting to be recovered. Started fine this morning now nothing despite 6 of us trying. Long day ahead 🤪

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Oh No !! More pain and anguish . :eek: The doodads always make it go faster though . :LOL:
Richard did name it the Nassau Nightmare :D I knew it would have gremlins having not been used much at all for close on 10 years. Hey ho, going belt n braces now. Good seeing you at the Nats even if it was briefly

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Richard did name it the Nassau Nightmare :D I knew it would have gremlins having not been used much at all for close on 10 years. Hey ho, going belt n braces now. Good seeing you at the Nats even if it was briefly
Likewise Mr C , the day just flew by on Sunday chatting with so many other members . It took me from 9.00am until gone 1.00pm to get from my car to the bar !!!!
Our paths never seemed to cross again !