Classic Car Buyer-C5 Buyer's Guide

Invetterate

CCCUK Member
In this week's edition of the weekly paper, Classic Car Buyer, there is Buyer's Guide on the C5. It is well written, pretty accurate and overall, very complimentary.

If, you or anyone you know is interested in buying a C5, this is worth getting.

Invetterate

CCCUK Member
Does it add anything to the club one, HERE? We now have buyer's guides for each generation (members only).
Not in terms of information. It is written as an article of course but what it brings is an independent view on the car in terms of what it is, the benefits and potential pitfalls. That it is very positive just helps our cause!

Llewelyn

CCCUK Member
Does anyone have a copy of this? If so do you fancy uploading a photo of the article? I went to buy a copy today but it looks like it was last weeks issue... I'd like to read it out of curiosity!

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
I'd say that's a very fair write-up.

I'd add that I (and many others based on hearsay) get better than the quoted 24 mpg, but maybe my ageing right foot is a bit lighter than some! Given that ALL C5s show US gallons (even euro spec models) then you can add 20% to fuel efficiency shown on the DIC, mine easily exceeds 32 mpg on any sort of run, which is remarkable for an (almost) 25 year old 5.7L V8.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Driven a few back from Southampton and always found them very good on fuel, especially as the motor is a 5.7 litre. Certainly a lot better than my mid years 327 5.4 litre.