Corvettes at Le Mans 24 Hours 2024

Rich Steel

CCCUK Member
LM 2024 tickets for ACO members are now on sale. (Non member tickets go on sale on 15th November.) I am an ACO member, but new, this year, to the Corvette Club. I am hoping to camp with CCCUK members. Are there arrangements for purchasing camping tickets with the CCCUK? Should I go ahead and buy my entrance and grandstand pack through the ACO and await notification of any CCCUK arrangements??

Last edited:

Rich Steel

CCCUK Member
Is anyone off to Le Mans next week? I will be there from the 12th. It would be nice to catch up with any members.
I'll be there from Monday, camping at Epinettes. There is a Corvette Corral (seems to have been a well-kept secret 😁) that I'll be visiting... and have got myself on the mailing list for next year - organised by Gerard Planche. gplanche55@gmail.com

v6ollie

CCCUK Member
ah ok, I didn't realise that was a thing!
Cool, im camping at clos fleuri. hopefully see you around for a beer, if anyone else fancies a catchup drop me a message.

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
I understand your frustration, but although there is Corvette Corral arranged by Gerard Planche he is always very late sending out details and many members want to nail down their logistics sooner. I think he sent out details in April. CCCUK members have previously been significantly involved individually, but we haven't organised anything as a club.
Gerard has now said that 2024 is his last year, so nobody knows what might happen next year...

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
It may not happen any more, but there always used to be a CCCUK 'liaison meeting' (🍻🍻🍻) at the Guinness tent inside the circuit at midday on the Saturday.... In addition, we always managed to hook up at the Classic British Welcome at St Saturnin on the Friday morning as that's a great (free) event.

Rich, if you might want to try and coordinate some sort of CCCUK meet-up along the above lines then we can certainly help to publicise it?

Rich Steel

CCCUK Member
Well, I usually go to the St. Saturnin show. I first saw a car the same as mine (C8, also in yellow) "in the flesh" there, last year, but only from a distance as it left the show. If anyone wanted to meet there, in the vicinity of the outside bar, I'll aim to be there about noon, and will wear some sort of Corvette apparel. My 'phone no. is 07770 281113.
Not sure about meeting in the circuit - it's so packed, now, but would be up for a "liaison meeting" at the Tertre Rouge Bar on Saturday at midday?

Andy76

Busy user
I will follow arrangements here as I don’t use twitface, xtagram and all that social stuff.
Camping in TR, without the Vette but if there’s a meet involving beer I will try to come say hello, Saturday hangover permitting.