C3 - 1975 indicator signal switch does not fit, any Idea?

GiuG

CCCUK Member
1708094889014.png

Hi guys, another question from my weirdo car. Times ago I posted a picture of the steering column of my car missing the hazard indicator switch. I bought this part the one above from rockauto, and the mechanic said to me tha does not fit... Are they other version of this piece?!!? There is any hack or trick, or simply I should try another brand? Could be the column it self?
Thank you!
1708094998880.png

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I think there may be a difference of which to use is of the steering column Tilt And Telescopic or neither
Notice the difference here

Emc

Supporting vendor
The unfortunate thing now is to get a refund rockauto will require you to send the switch back at your cost.

GiuG

CCCUK Member
I think there may be a difference of which to use is of the steering column Tilt And Telescopic or neither
Notice the difference here

yeh... also the mechanic said to me that I need a hazard switch, but based on what I know this plastic ring has a thread where the hazard knob is screwed in and activate both side signal, if I don't make a mistake, I can't find this mystical parts for my model anywhere.... weird.

GiuG

CCCUK Member
The unfortunate thing now is to get a refund rockauto will require you to send the switch back at your cost.
Does not worth the shipping, when I Have back the parts from my mechanic, I'm giving to my fellow team members for free if they need

Last edited:

GiuG

CCCUK Member
Mistery solve guys, if someone will have the same problem, there is a piece of metal that is the hazard flash support in the steering colums. So if you replace the signals switch you need to be sure to have this parts as well, otherwise you can`t screw in the hazard knob. most of the time if it`s missing, there is a probability is laying at the bottom of the steering column. Thanks to EMC to scatter light on this issue. So this piece below!!!
1708345301921.jpeg

Last edited: