C5 UK market question

plastic orange

CCCUK Member
Even the very last of the LS3 C6's is now 12 or so years old............and with the early C7's being 10 years old now one perhaps needs to sit back and carefully consider some of the prices being 'asked' in the market place.
Unfortunately for those of us who live, travel or need to visit London frequently an 'inbetween' year Corvette ('inbetween' being manufactured after 1984 and having a 40 year old 'Historic' status.......... and prior to 2006 'ish' Euro 4 emissions spec') so late C4, any C5 and perhaps early C6 'generating' a daily £12.50 Congestion Charge within the M25 borders.
Yes, most reading this will say "It doesn't affect me - I never go anywhere near London". True enough but it'll be coming to many towns and cities near you soon - Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Dundee are the latest to being introducing congestion charges.......!
My 2001 C5 complies with entering the new Scottish LEZ's according to their website - I've just checked. So do my 3 old V8 cars.

Pete

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
American cars have been good on emissions since the introduction of lead free petrol in 1975. Probably all C5’s will comply with London’s ULEZ .
Strangely, mine didn't when I went to Olympia last year and it's a 2000 😡
In fairness, I didn't look up the numbers and argue my case, just put my reg into thieving bar stewards website...

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
My 2001 C5 complies with entering the new Scottish LEZ's according to their website
We've discussed London ULEZ and C5s before, as you may have seen?

Roscobbc

Probably all C5’s will comply with London’s ULEZ .
Not too sure about that - 'official' GM imported UK market cars (generalising here, so not specifically C5/C6) would have been tested and certified accordingly for compliance relating to EU emission requirements here in UK.
Typically they will be then rated for payable RFL based on those figures...........'private', so personal imports, whether a Vette or a car based truck get charged a 'blanket' RFL figure. This is usually a fair bit less than the equivalent 'official' GM approved imported vehicle. Can someone advise?
'Ordinary' UK, EU and far eastern manufactured cars all had to have been tested and certified Euro 4 to be ULEZ compliant.
Generalising......all of these vehicles produced and registered after 2005/2006 will be compliant. Some manufacturers were way ahead of the inpending regulations and modified their cars accordingly......hense you'll perhaps see a year 2000 Ford Mondeo 2 litre automatic which is ULEZ compliant.......but ironically due to its engine capacity and CO reading will fall in to the highest RFL payement figure (£600+ pa.).......yet a 2003 1000cc Nissan Micra had excess emissions and hadn't been tested by the manufacturers and therefore non-ULEX compliant. Confused? hardly surprising is it (and I haven't even mentioned diesel engined cars yet - and won't)
Someone needs to confirm the following -
If you have a non-GM imported vehicle.......do you 'enjoy' the reduced 'blanket' RFL figure applied to such vehicles -
Importantly
A. what year is your car? -
B. have you driven your car in to London (within the M25 borders) -
C. is your vehicle recorded on the TFL website as being ULEZ compliant? -
D. Is your vehicle on an age related - or 'personal' registration plate -
E. Did you have 'issue' in qualifying this with TFL?

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
For the record my previous 2001 C5 was a personal import and had the discounted road tax (so would presumably be non-ULEZ).
My current C5 is a UK spec euro car with personal plate and is charged a higher road tax and ULEZ. Grrrr. 😡

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Had to go into the “city” today, and as a friend hasn’t used her old 2000 VW golf convertible for ages and it’s ULEZ compliant thought I’d go back to the 80’s . Go figure a year 2000 Golf that’s ULEZ compliant.
Took me back to my yuppie days 😂😂, wish I still had the hair. ( still got the Motorola 8500 brick and the Filofax )