C7 side rear view Mirrors

Digger John

CCCUK Member
Maybe a stupid question but the side rear view mirrors on my C7 Grand Sport don't seen to fold in. is there a knack or video, as i am frightened to pull them or push them to hard in case i break them. First Vette so be gentle.

mickn

CCCUK Member
I don't think they can fold in or out automatically, I push mine in and out manually and find it's fine

Digger John

CCCUK Member
I don't think they can fold in or out automatically, I push mine in and out manually and find it's fine
I know they are Manually fold in, they seem just very hard to push so wondering if i am doing it properly, as don't want to break them.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
I know they are Manually fold in, they seem just very hard to push so wondering if i am doing it properly, as don't want to break them.
Bit of WD 40 needed somewhere? My only issue with the (heated) mirrors on my UK spec C7, was that they dont a have a blind spot/aspheric section on them (UK spec Camaros do). Especially handy on the passenger side when you are coming up a slip road to join a main road in a LHD car. Nearly had a "bump" joining the A3 one day due to that! Just stuck a couple of uglyish stick-ons on mine. Did actually buy a smaller stick-on US spec aspheric mirror glass off Ebay that I was going to put on, but never got around to it before seliing car. The UK based Ebay seller I spoke to, did say that he could cut/produce a UK spec size stick-on aspheric mirror glass, if I sent them a paper template of the mirror glass.
Left wing car mirror glass aspheric for Chevrolet Corvette C7 2014-2019 771LAS | eBay

Last edited: