Driving Day – North Weald Airfield Thursday 28/9/23

Invetterate

CCCUK Member

I hope those of you who are booked in and joining us for this event are looking forward to it.

Please note the event is fully booked

As you know, this is not a Club exclusive event so here are a few pointers if you haven’t been before.

• Please try to be there by 08.30 to sort out the paperwork, noise test etc before the day starts at 09.00
  • It is a good idea to download and complete the indemnity form before the day to save time.
  • Don't forget to bring it with you!
  • You can find it here DRIVE LIMITS - North Weald Driver Training [just below the “subscribe” button]
  • Don’t forget your driver’s licence
  • You don’t need a helmet
  • If you are arriving from the M11, take the A414 towards Ongar & Chelmsford and turn right at the first roundabout, which is signposted
  • At the next roundabout, there are no sign posts for the airfield [which is helpful] so turn right down Merlin Way
  • Carry on round and you will pass the front entrance [with security office] of the airfield
  • You have to go past, continue up to a roundabout and come back on yourself to gain access
  • The security barrier will lift and you are straight onto a T-junction
  • Turn left and head for the green portacabins and park up near there
  • Hopefully, the Red Bus Café will be there and open [another landmark to aim for] which does a good coffee and a great “breakfast roll”!
  • Most important – bring a pump for your tyres. You will be required to inflate your tyres to well over normal levels. All will be explained on the day, but do bring a pump.
I look forward to seeing you there and to, hopefully, a really great day!

Cheers

Mark

Mark Eaton

Co-Rep,

Essex Region

redvettehead

CCCUK Member

I hope those of you who are booked in and joining us for this event are looking forward to it.

Please note the event is fully booked

As you know, this is not a Club exclusive event so here are a few pointers if you haven’t been before.

• Please try to be there by 08.30 to sort out the paperwork, noise test etc before the day starts at 09.00
  • It is a good idea to download and complete the indemnity form before the day to save time.
  • Don't forget to bring it with you!
  • You can find it here DRIVE LIMITS - North Weald Driver Training [just below the “subscribe” button]
  • Don’t forget your driver’s licence
  • You don’t need a helmet
  • If you are arriving from the M11, take the A414 towards Ongar & Chelmsford and turn right at the first roundabout, which is signposted
  • At the next roundabout, there are no sign posts for the airfield [which is helpful] so turn right down Merlin Way
  • Carry on round and you will pass the front entrance [with security office] of the airfield
  • You have to go past, continue up to a roundabout and come back on yourself to gain access
  • The security barrier will lift and you are straight onto a T-junction
  • Turn left and head for the green portacabins and park up near there
  • Hopefully, the Red Bus Café will be there and open [another landmark to aim for] which does a good coffee and a great “breakfast roll”!
  • Most important – bring a pump for your tyres. You will be required to inflate your tyres to well over normal levels. All will be explained on the day, but do bring a pump.
I look forward to seeing you there and to, hopefully, a really great day!

Cheers

Mark

Mark Eaton

Co-Rep,

Essex Region
Hi Mark. Just to let you know that I can no longer make this date, so Mark Robbins has kindly moved my booking onto the next date (10th Oct)
Have fun.
Phil

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I posted in the other thread first as saw that first. I'm still going in my tatty looking red FTO. Downloading and printing form is a problem as have no access to a printer.