Is your Corvette ready for St. Patrick's Day ?

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
Saw one at our Nationals event last year.

Attachments

• PXL_20230716_130710959~2.jpg
    PXL_20230716_130710959~2.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20230716_130724673~2.jpg
    PXL_20230716_130724673~2.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 4

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Saw one at our Nationals event last year.
First ever C5 I saw in the UK was in 1997 or 1998 at the Nationals. Laurie Millett of Bauer Millett in Manchester brought one along in that Fairway Geeen colour. Could be that car above?
Not Vettes, but one of the American car loving "lads" in the Notts area has it covered.

Attachments

• Ades mate 0224.jpg
    Ades mate 0224.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 1

Stingray

CCCUK Member
If I recall correctly, there was a dark green colour for C5 called "Bowling Green", which was topical.

About as popular as an early brown C8.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Or you could have a black one and say it’s representing a pint of Guinness.
Let’s be fair, a paddy loves a pint of Guinness

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
I always thought that the beautiful polo green C4 belonging to the very wonderful and sadly missed John Robinson (Kent region) was the best colour for a C4, especially with the cream leather interior. 😍

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
I always thought that the beautiful polo green C4 belonging to the very wonderful and sadly missed John Robinson (Kent region) was the best colour for a C4, especially with the cream leather interior. 😍
Yes, Polo green nice. However, someone once told me many years ago that green cars are "unlucky". Anyone else heard that one?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, that’s been the saying about green cars forever. At one time you couldn’t sell a green car for love nor money.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
IMO a nice dark metallic green looks very nice. My late fathers new 1970 Impala was Dark Metallic Green with a matching Green brocade interior. Being a Lendrum & Hartman car it was fully loaded except Air con ( L&H ordered most cars without AC in the early 70’s

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Probably showing my age here, but I like cars nice and shiny. Not keen at all on the Matt look.
Know what you mean. But, most expensive optional paint on a Jag F-Type is the matt/satin "Ligurian Black." Never seen one with it in the UK, but looks pretty "cool" to me?