Leaking in my 76 coupe

Nigel curry

CCCUK Member
Hi all I keep getting pools of water in my footwells (both sides) I am sure it leaks in the area where the wipers are, the water runs down the wind shield and as it gathers in the gully it seems to leak from there somewhere!!.any thoughts or ideas would be most welcome
Thanks in anticipation nige

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I'd be interested to know too, as your post just reminded me that in really hard raining weather I get water coming down the inside of the dashboard on the passenger side only, leaving the floor carpets a bit wet. I keep forgetting about it as the car is normally stored in a garage and I only drive it on sunny days. Only time it gets wet is for example when I'm at a car show and it chucks it down.

Roscobbc

Even 'if' 'T' roofs seal and windscreen rubber are in good order 'wicking' along the seals of rainwater whilst the vehicle is stationary can be very difficult to trace.....on C3's (and you won't really want to hear this) corrosion of the windscreen frame can allow rainwater to leak through the frame and exit in seemingly odd places under the dash and appearing as a mysterious puddle on your driver/passenger floormat.