What have you done today ?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I've done that style Yorkshire cladding on my car crib. Nice to see how it weathers πŸ‘
My last shed lasted 25 years and I could still find s lot of good salvaged timber to build the boss a potting shed. It all seems to blend in after a few months. πŸ‘

antijam

CCCUK Member
50 years ago I built a low curved decorative wall dividing my driveway from the garden. The top of the wall is filled with soil and each year I plant it with a choice of flowering annuals. Every year the planting is done at a time when I'm sure we've had the last of the nighttime frosts, but sure enough within a day of planting we have another nighttime frost - precipitating a second planting a few weeks later.
Today was a proper spring day - warm sunshine, no wind and 21Β°C so perfect for planting the wall - this year with 102 begonias.

P1030334-001.JPG

Surely there can't be another frost from now on !? However, were I a betting man and knowing my track record I'd pretty much guarantee a frost in the South West within the next week, so if anyone wants to check the odds you could make a packet. ;)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That’s always been the problem with the corvette and any two seater, no room for any additional passengers.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Passengers only add non-sprung dead weight to total weight and slow you down :)

Reason I built a laptop stand in front of the passenger seat so when people bug me for a ride
I show them there is no room for such nonsense :)

RebelStockShifter.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
50 years ago I built a low curved decorative wall dividing my driveway from the garden. The top of the wall is filled with soil and each year I plant it with a choice of flowering annuals. Every year the planting is done at a time when I'm sure we've had the last of the nighttime frosts, but sure enough within a day of planting we have another nighttime frost - precipitating a second planting a few weeks later.
Today was a proper spring day - warm sunshine, no wind and 21Β°C so perfect for planting the wall - this year with 102 begonias.

View attachment 26159

Surely there can't be another frost from now on !? However, were I a betting man and knowing my track record I'd pretty much guarantee a frost in the South West within the next week, so if anyone wants to check the odds you could make a packet. ;)
I think it`s called Sod`s Law . :rolleyes:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Sorry.....I'm afraid my GM partiality is not exclusive. I can't get the dogs in the 'Vette, but they fit nicely in the 'Stang.......

View attachment 26161
A chap always needs a practical car too , so long as it`s V8 powered and preferably a ` classic ` American marque . :D That`s why I love my Grand Cherokee Hemi . It`s a good load lugger , swallows up my fishing kit ,does trips to the tip , gets you out into the boondocks when the black top comes to an end and useful on forest tracks doing my volunteer work for Forestry England . Plus it goes like s**t off a shovel when you really get on the gas and sounds great too . :LOL:DSCF2953.JPG

antijam

CCCUK Member
Passengers only add non-sprung dead weight to total weight and slow you down :)
Unless you're smuggling wetbacks across the border riding on your suspension (Hey...I'm not criticising, we've all got to make a living) then surely passengers are sprung weight not non-sprung? ;)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
A chap always needs a practical car too , so long as it`s V8 powered and preferably a ` classic ` American marque . :D That`s why I love my Grand Cherokee Hemi . It`s a good load lugger , swallows up my fishing kit ,does trips to the tip , gets you out into the boondocks when the black top comes to an end and useful on forest tracks doing my volunteer work for Forestry England . Plus it goes like s**t off a shovel when you really get on the gas and sounds great too . :LOL:View attachment 26163
A great vehicle.
My friend got the first grand Cherokee 5:9 litre in the UK. LHD as they never made it in RHD. So quick you could race anything at the time ( 1997/8 I think) it’s still going strong today he tells me. ( different owner)