Wheel bearing

SuperScotty

CCCUK Member
I have noticed when I turn left, even a small amount, at speeds over 20mph I get a vibrating feeling through the floor. Also can hear it.
After googling the symptom it seems to be/could be the front right wheel bearing (according to the USA corvette forum members).

Where is the best place to get the hub assembly from?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I have noticed when I turn left, even a small amount, at speeds over 20mph I get a vibrating feeling through the floor. Also can hear it.
After googling the symptom it seems to be/could be the front right wheel bearing (according to the USA corvette forum members).

Where is the best place to get the hub assembly from?
Hi super scotty, you may just need to re grease and take up the end float by tightening the castelated nut a bit and re fit split pin. Both my fronts had some movement but no noise or vibration. Perfect now, An Easy 15min job, you can just remove the centre cap if you have rallye’s and leave the wheel in situ. Good luck👍

antijam

CCCUK Member
Hi super scotty, you may just need to re grease and take up the end float by tightening the castelated nut a bit and re fit split pin. Both my fronts had some movement but no noise or vibration. Perfect now, An Easy 15min job, you can just remove the centre cap if you have rallye’s and leave the wheel in situ. Good luck👍
That's not going to work on a C5. SKF bearing hub replacement is the preferred solution. Don't know best supplier - out of my field of expertise I'm afraid.

BigVet

Supporting vendor
Just on the off chance, I'd check your Harmonic Balancer for wobble, extremely common on a C5 and can definitely give you a vibe.