Bushing ?

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
Yes it was Gavin and a couple advising against Poly bushes. Which makes it strange how many others have no problem with Energy bushes. I wonder if Energy Poly bushes had a bad spout of inferior quality.
Dont know , I was always surprised tho at how well a stock c3 rides and handles, almost zero body roll on cornering and not crashy over bumps. talking of squeaks and trim rattles , I have a few of them already and I wonder if stiffer poly bushes would exacerbate that issue too🤔

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I have some Energy poly bushes on my C3 that were fitted around 6 years ago. Can't remember which ones now. Don't appear to have any issues.

Waynio

CCCUK Member
Dont know , I was always surprised tho at how well a stock c3 rides and handles, almost zero body roll on cornering and not crashy over bumps. talking of squeaks and trim rattles , I have a few of them already and I wonder if stiffer poly bushes would exacerbate that issue too🤔

I have 3 sets of front rubber bushing kits in stock and all rear rubber components in the UK
So a full set front and rear. How much.

Waynio

CCCUK Member
What rear parts do you want
I am now just going to not bother with full kits and go through the car front to back and get what it really needs. If in the future it needs more doing then ill take it off the road and do them then.

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
I am now just going to not bother with full kits and go through the car front to back and get what it really needs. If in the future it needs more doing then ill take it off the road and do them then.
If you are dismantling suspension assemblies , why not replace all bushes rather than do the job piece meal ? Saves doing the strip down twice plus you will be running on part new , part warn bushes and not feel the full benefit . :rolleyes:

Waynio

CCCUK Member
If you are dismantling suspension assemblies , why not replace all bushes rather than do the job piece meal ? Saves doing the strip down twice plus you will be running on part new , part warn bushes and not feel the full benefit . :rolleyes:
Yep I agree as that is what the plan was.

Waynio

CCCUK Member
I am confused now as your reply to EMC said you would not buy full kits but do "what was needed " and leave the rest to another time .
The plan was to get a complete kit and do them but as it looks there isn't one as folk keep asking what bushes I need. I see a kit as being complete.
But you will get used to me as I faff about a bit haha

Emc

Supporting vendor
The plan was to get a complete kit and do them but as it looks there isn't one as folk keep asking what bushes I need. I see a kit as being complete.
But you will get used to me as I faff about a bit haha
I have everything you need so basically it's a full kit

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I pointed to a Corvette vendor that sold the full front/rear kit for C3s in other post

In searching for C3 bushings the other day, I found 95% of those sold are poly and almost none sold in rubber
I would think if all poly makes were bad those vendors would have had many buyers complaining and
wanting them returned and if so those sellers would not be selling poly types.

I think people bought crappy poly brand and then blaming poly as the quality issue when rather the problem is who made them
I and many others used poly types for our C3s, even for racing and never a problem

Waynio

CCCUK Member
Do you actually know what you need, people are trying to help you
I may be being a bit thick here and sorry. I am rebuilding the suspension front and rear on my C3 1981 Vette and needs the complete kit. Set or.whay ever it's called to replace the bushes. Not a certain one but a kit. I csnt explain it more. I dont know now what I should be asking for.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I posted Ecklers full kit for your 1972 C3 in a post last week

They have been selling Corvette parts for over 30 years and would think the amount of Corvette owners buying from them
if this kit has bushings issues, they would not be selling them to this day

This gives you all that is needed and would allow replacing them all at one time or save ones not replaced
to change in the future as you see this has all the bushings, mounts, sleeves, washers, bolts, etc

c3kit.jpg