Bushing ?

Waynio

CCCUK Member
I posted Ecklers full kit for your 1972 C3 in a post last week

They have been selling Corvette parts for over 30 years and would think the amount of Corvette owners buying from them
if this kit has bushings issues, they would not be selling them to this day

This gives you all that is needed and would allow replacing them all at one time or save ones not replaced
to change in the future as you see this has all the bushings, mounts, sleeves, washers, bolts, etc

View attachment 27899

Yes a kit. I have that kit in a my Summit Jegs and Ecklers as from when you mentioned them. I went off Poly a bit due to folk saying there no good but then as you say. Energy are still going strong after all these years and top suppliers are selling them so must be still good.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Sounds like you're not the racer type, so I suspect you will not have any issues for street use in using well known brands that have been selling for years so they must be poly made but of good quality

In my searching of the Hyper Flex bushing, either if Ecklers or Summit has a customer rating of 4.5 out of 5 in customer reviews
so the bushing must be of quality
You may find a local part seller that also sells the Hyperflex brand if making it easier to get or go with the 2 above

Summit states :

Proven on the racetrack, as well as on the street, these Hyperflex bushing kits from Energy Suspension allow you to upgrade your mushy rubber bushings to high performance polyurethane replacements.

All vehicles, whether domestic or import, will achieve a higher level of handling performance.
Hyperflex components will not break down or deteriorate from exposure to oils, undercar chemicals, or atmospheric conditions.

They also improve appearance over stock and are available in different colors to suit all of your needs, from show to go.
Find the front and/or rear bushing kit designed for fitment with your specific vehicle.

I think your over questioning your decisions on buying the right parts for this and the engine
I think you just need to relax and put a stake n the ground and move forward on your C3 rebuild project

Waynio

CCCUK Member
Gavin , you and TeamZR clearly have more patience than I do . If I wanted `patients ` I would have become a doctor .:LOL:
Me to, but to have to explain what a Kit is. well its beyond me i guess haha. Being offered a kit then to be asked what parts of it i want when i asked for a kit........bloody nora thats a good one.

Ah well Ill go back to square one and buy a kit from an online well known company that is supplying full poly kit.
And infact the post was to ask which areas to use rubber and ploy together in the set up. And that was not answered. Facebook all over haha

Anyway thanks for the help. i am sorted now.

Waynio:)

Waynio

CCCUK Member
Sounds like you're not the racer type, so I suspect you will not have any issues for street use in using well known brands that have been selling for years so they must be poly made but of good quality

In my searching of the Hyper Flex bushing, either if Ecklers or Summit has a customer rating of 4.5 out of 5 in customer reviews
so the bushing must be of quality
You may find a local part seller that also sells the Hyperflex brand if making it easier to get or go with the 2 above

Summit states :

Proven on the racetrack, as well as on the street, these Hyperflex bushing kits from Energy Suspension allow you to upgrade your mushy rubber bushings to high performance polyurethane replacements.

All vehicles, whether domestic or import, will achieve a higher level of handling performance.
Hyperflex components will not break down or deteriorate from exposure to oils, undercar chemicals, or atmospheric conditions.

They also improve appearance over stock and are available in different colors to suit all of your needs, from show to go.
Find the front and/or rear bushing kit designed for fitment with your specific vehicle.

I think your over questioning your decisions on buying the right parts for this and the engine
I think you just need to relax and put a stake n the ground and move forward on your C3 rebuild project
I am just open to ideas, and i asked this one just as a number of folk mention using both rubber and Poly to help stock the squeaking on certain bushes. I was just wondering what folk thought on here about mixing the bushes. No reply to that question though so ill just go with the Energy Poly as you suggested the other day.
Being new to a car and trying to get info is note easy really these days as to many folk have different ideas and then it all gets to much to ,look at. Face Book is full of it, reason i prefer a forum always have.
I have sorted my plans on the engine and what do with it. and the rest of it infact. So in a way i have put a stake in the ground as you say and just going to crack on.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Screenshot_2024-09-10-21-30-08-95_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
The front and rear sway bar bushes on my car have grease nipples. See top left of photo. The bush itself has a centre groove to hold the grease. Not that I've ever added any more grease or noticed squeaking from any where tbh (except the brakes!).
Even my rear spring drop bolt cushions are poly. I did have rubber cushions there for a while and they got mashed very quickly.
I think the only rubber bush I've got is the front snub on the diff. Not sure why I did that! it looks like your kit has a poly one.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Zoomed in look
Why is the left tailpipe pitched upward, which would cause sound to bounce around, which would be louder inside the car ?
90 degree tips back to edge of rear fascia would lower the Dba inside the car

Or is this with the mufflers off ?

Screenshot.jpg

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Zoomed in look
Why is the left tailpipe pitched upward, which would cause sound to bounce around, which would be louder inside the car ?
90 degree tips back to edge of rear fascia would lower the Dba inside the car

Or is this with the mufflers off ?

View attachment 27901
The mufflers are off and those pipes aren’t in their bolted up position in that photo.