C8 Orange Engine Warning Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
In fairness, whilst I have every sympathy with the problem that TheEscapist is having, I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect CCCUK to escalate this with GM for this specific issue for a non-member?
TheEscapist has had a great deal of advice and assistance on this thread for zero contribution to the club... I suggest that he now escalates this matter with GM as he doesn't seem to be getting any joy from Ian Allen.

Termie

CCCUK Member
UPDATE:

Just had a long chat with Ian Allen service department and things seem to be done differently in the UK.

Firstly, of the 380 C8s sold there has been no common issue of DCT faults I’m told. A few cars have come in for service work but it’s random things and no common issues. I have to hope that’s true.

They also never do software updates. They init do a specific update IF a fault code needs one. Behind that no cars are updated. That seems very bizarre to me but he was adamant. So all uk cars are running same software from manufacture.

They have also never done a DCT flush and filter clean. At 7,500 miles not before they change a canister and top up the fluid but nothing else. Again very different to the experience of the US.

Apparently warranty is good and covers everything but some parts can take time to arrive.

So all in all, I’m feeling it’s a great car but with no OTA updates, dealer software updates or preventative flushing maybe the car isn’t as well supported as it could be!

Comments please.
My car had the DCT cannister change at its first service. Unlike the US, we have to pay for it. I also had one software update at the first service, but that was to finally get some of the C8 displays show UK units (e.g., HVAC).

Just FYI, my car is almost at 7000 miles since new in 2022, and has never had a check engine light. It has had two warranty repairs (fuel filler cap, oil leak), but has been on roadtrips of several thousand miles with no issues. Sorry you're having all this hassle. One my general concerns is the dealer network in the UK, but if I keep the car, I may switch to an independent once it is out of warranty.

TheEscapist

Busy user
In fairness, whilst I have every sympathy with the problem that TheEscapist is having, I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect CCCUK to escalate this with GM for this specific issue for a non-member?
TheEscapist has had a great deal of advice and assistance on this thread for zero contribution to the club... I suggest that he now escalates this matter with GM as he doesn't seem to be getting any joy from Ian Allen.
i think we see the issue now clearly that you as Chairman of the club in the UK don’t actually, want to support members at all and only want to collect money. I don’t think I’m really that bothered about £45 having just paid nearly £100,000 for a vehicle and will gladly pay you if that what you’re after but my issue is more about why you aren’t able to give any definitive support For C8 owners, not just me, but the other hundreds? you should not be doing any escalation for me, bit as a good chairman, should recognise the issue and either escalate or answer for others. Isn’t that what a forum is for?

to be clear I’m not on a crusade to get anything changed here but would like Some answers to simple questions. I have the members here getting very animated regarding the differences in support in the U.K. and the US. I don’t know why there are differences and if there should be differences but you should know, shouldn’t you?

don‘t do me any favours, Peter, as you’re obviously not prepared to until you get your £45 but maybe for the benefit of all the other members who have paid you the £45, you can answer these questions for them:

1. are UK cars fine with no software updates ever in their life? If so, how are they made differently to US market cars?
2. why do owners in the U.K. not get a free 7,500 mile DCT canister change whereas US owners appear to? What should be the cost?

i assume you haven’t taken on this role overnight so you shouldn’t even be talking about answers to these questions as it’s obvious I can’t be the first person to ask!

oh and please stop twisting what you read. I’m getting plenty of “joy” from Ian Allen. They are all very nice, what they say makes sense, but my Issue is that what our friends on here form the US also makes sense so I’m trying to understand what is the reality of owning a C8 in the U.K. is it totally different from a US car as Ian Allen state OR is it the same as a car in the US and U.K. owners should expect some more support.

i hope that is clear. Please stop the bitchy, childish comments. Interpret the facts correctly and be helpful andhelp us all.
My car had the DCT cannister change at its first service. Unlike the US, we have to pay for it. I also had one software update at the first service, but that was to finally get some of the C8 displays show UK units (e.g., HVAC).

Just FYI, my car is almost at 7000 miles since new in 2022, and has never had a check engine light. It has had two warranty repairs (fuel filler cap, oil leak), but has been on roadtrips of several thousand miles with no issues. Sorry you're having all this hassle. One my general concerns is the dealer network in the UK, but if I keep the car, I may switch to an independent once it is out of warranty.
thanks Termie. Good to know.

Roscobbc

Wow! - that was certainly an over the top response to a simple reply from the CCCUK chairman. As I see it the only 'bitchy' comments seem to in fact be yours! If you were that concerned about the warning light (and I would have been too) you have European warranty..... presumably (and if feasible) a trip to a French GM service centre was all you had to do and they could do the required software interrogation and put your mind (hopefully) at rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.