Does this happen to you ?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The Vette was awarded ` Highly Commended` in the American Car class at the Turvey Hall Classic Show last year up against some stiff opposition DSC_0704.JPG. Maybe I should have given `er indoors` a good going over with Maguires too and maybe won Best In Class !! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Looks real nice in the photos. That low front wouldn’t last very long round my way with all the speed bumps. The standard 1980-82 would be bad enough, your front with that extra lip, no chance.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Ground clearance under the front splitter is not as bad as it looks but I do have to be careful though .

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I must say it looks very close to the ground in that photo. Some of our speed humps are like Mount Everest.😂
I assume the side skirts are as low.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
DSC_2940.JPGI must say it looks very close to the ground in that photo. Some of our speed humps are like Mount Everest.😂
I assume the side skirts are as low.
It always looks like a `Low Rider ` in grass fields at shows . :LOL: You will see in these pics it is not too bad for clearance on hard surfaces and makes an interesting comparison with the Stroker C3 parked behind .

Roscobbc

I would say that your car Chuffer is stock ride height - it's the front snow plough attachment and the side skirts that make it look lower........mine, it's the exhaust system with its 3" pipes having to run under the chassis that sleeping policemen/speed humps can prove to be a problem. Going over them diagonally helps.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I would say that your car Chuffer is stock ride height - it's the front snow plough attachment and the side skirts that make it look lower........mine, it's the exhaust system with its 3" pipes having to run under the chassis that sleeping policemen/speed humps can prove to be a problem. Going over them diagonally helps.
Showing your age there with “sleeping policemen” the people today wouldn’t know what they were .😂😂

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
It always looks like a `Low Rider ` in grass fields at shows . :LOL: You will see in these pics it is not too bad for clearance on hard surfaces and makes an interesting comparison with the Stroker C3 parked behind .
Height looks fine from that angle.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Showing your age there with “sleeping policemen” the people today wouldn’t know what they were .😂😂
That term covers most of our current police force as there is precious little law enforcement these days . Bobbies `on the beat ` with bicycles were more effective !!!!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That term covers most of our current police force as there is precious little law enforcement these days . Bobbies `on the beat ` with bicycles were more effective !!!!
I can’t remember when I last saw a “Bobby on the beat”
Always saw them when I was younger during the 60’s and 70’s

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep

Likewise , all you see now are Plastic Police Officers aka Police Community Support Officers with precious little power but supposed to make us all feel safer . Beat Bobbies were everywhere when I were a lad and a sharp word or clip round the ear was enough to send any ` Likely Lads` scurrying away .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I have never actually checked the ride height against standard settings but have had several comments about its low stance . As you say that could be down to the impression given by the skirts and splitter . I also have to be careful of the non standard exhaust under the rear suspension as it sits low . Riding over Speed Cushions to the left or the right is the safest way for me .

Roscobbc

I have never actually checked the ride height against standard settings but have had several comments about its low stance . As you say that could be down to the impression given by the skirts and splitter . I also have to be careful of the non standard exhaust under the rear suspension as it sits low . Riding over Speed Cushions to the left or the right is the safest way for me .
Compare the gap 'twixt top of tyres and wheel arches with the car behind yours.

Last edited:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Bobbies `on the beat ` with bicycles were more effective !!!!
I occasionally see the bobbies on the beat out here in the sticks. They don't ride bicycles or motorbikes though, instead preferring to ride horses. Its quite nice as you can clearly see them and they are happy for us citizens to come up and say hello to the horses etc.

The one thing that does amuse me though is all the signs up saying it is an offence to NOT pick up after you dog has done a poo. But you do find horse poo on the streets here and there. Now I've not seen a Police Horse do a poo on the street yet, and there are other horses out in the sticks here.... but the thought pondered my mind as to whether the Police have to "arrest" themselves for allowing their horses to foul the streets :ROFLMAO:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I occasionally see the bobbies on the beat out here in the sticks. They don't ride bicycles or motorbikes though, instead preferring to ride horses. Its quite nice as you can clearly see them and they are happy for us citizens to come up and say hello to the horses etc.

The one thing that does amuse me though is all the signs up saying it is an offence to NOT pick up after you dog has done a poo. But you do find horse poo on the streets here and there. Now I've not seen a Police Horse do a poo on the street yet, and there are other horses out in the sticks here.... but the thought pondered my mind as to whether the Police have to "arrest" themselves for allowing their horses to foul the streets :ROFLMAO:
Bobbies on the beat on horses out in the sticks ??? Blimey CaptainK , I didn`t realise that Somerset was in the Wild West !! Do you have gunfights at the OK Coral ? 🤠 :ROFLMAO:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Compare the gap 'twixt top of tyres and wheel arches with the car behind yours.
From memory that C3 was running on 16 inch diameter wheels and not sure if the tyre profile still maintained the correct overall diameter . The owner was not a club member but I did my level best to encourage him to join . :(