Does this happen to you ?

Roscobbc

I occasionally see the bobbies on the beat out here in the sticks. They don't ride bicycles or motorbikes though, instead preferring to ride horses. Its quite nice as you can clearly see them and they are happy for us citizens to come up and say hello to the horses etc.

The one thing that does amuse me though is all the signs up saying it is an offence to NOT pick up after you dog has done a poo. But you do find horse poo on the streets here and there. Now I've not seen a Police Horse do a poo on the street yet, and there are other horses out in the sticks here.... but the thought pondered my mind as to whether the Police have to "arrest" themselves for allowing their horses to foul the streets :ROFLMAO:
Living in the suburbs over the years we've seen it all - the initial enthusiasm with Neighbour Watch - a police office set up in a vacant local shop with 'plastic' coppers patrolling the streets - and now a private 'security watch' company anchoring up in a multi colour 'jsm sandwich finished vehicle presumably to deter the 'tea leaves'. Occasionally see a police people carrier patrolling the streets when I'm walking the dog..... usually just after there has been a local burglary. No risk of getting nicked over our dog 'dumping' in the street though......no. 1's and 2's are all done in our back garden......💩

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Do you have gunfights at the OK Coral ? 🤠 :ROFLMAO:
My neighbours tell me they hear "gun shots" on the rare occasion every now and then. I've never heard them myself as it seems to coincide with the same time I'm starting the C3 .....

Jokes aside, in the centre of town we do have a gun shop with lots of guns on view at the back of the shop.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Living in a rural area I hear plenty of gunshots , it`s usually the `County Set` shooting poor defenseless Pheasants . Thankfully everything that walks , crawls or flies makes a short sharp exit when I fire up the Vette ! :LOL: Unfortunately there are quite a few stables dotted around my area and the `horsey set` will insist on riding their bloody nags two abreast on country lanes , drives me mad ! :mad:

phild

CCCUK Member
Living in a rural area I hear plenty of gunshots , it`s usually the `County Set` shooting poor defenseless Pheasants . Thankfully everything that walks , crawls or flies makes a short sharp exit when I fire up the Vette ! :LOL: Unfortunately there are quite a few stables dotted around my area and the `horsey set` will insist on riding their bloody nags two abreast on country lanes , drives me mad ! :mad:

I'm in rural East Sussex and share much of what you say. Its usually birds of the clay variety that get shot round here and the horsey set are quite OK although there's always one or two self entitled idiots as in all walks of life. Likewise cyclists who, in the main, are sensible wearing bright clothes ad displaying lights but then you get the 'tour de France' peloton set who pay no regard to courtesy or, so it seems, basic safety. I've never understood the logic in riding around, on a grey day, with dark clothing and no lights. As an ex cyclist, bad knees these days :). I always took great care to be seen as a collision with a motor vehicle is never going to end well for a cyclist.