Music

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Here we go. You already know the rules - PLAY LOUD!

Put the pedal to the metal, put your foot on the floor
Them there kinda ting I cannot take it no more
(Ey-oh, ey-oh) Yeah this is my scene
Turn the ignition, start the machine

Can't find my keys and I can't find my phone
I'm having too much fun and I'm not going home
Wherever you're going I'm going too
And if I'm going off the rails I'm gonna take you
All the way

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
This seemed like the perfect Stingray cruising music while out in the sunshine in my '73 last Friday. :cool:(y)

It felt like I was back in my carefree pre-teens & early teens in the mid 1970's again.
An absolutely outstanding feeling and now added to that, I was out driving in a fabulous Corvette Stingray to boot.
☺️(y)

288728999_3254649591459762_1416730261815363603_n.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
James , have you been following the recent series on TV celebrating 60 years of the Rolling Stones still being the greatest rock n roll band in the world . If not , get all episodes on catch up and complete your musical education . One of the seminal moments in my life was being at their free concert in Hyde Park in July 1969 when and estimated 500,000 people turned out !! It was one of the great `happenings` of the era . And amazingly was close enough to the stage to see it all completely . 🤘

Roscobbc

James , have you been following the recent series on TV celebrating 60 years of the Rolling Stones still being the greatest rock n roll band in the world . If not , get all episodes on catch up and complete your musical education . One of the seminal moments in my life was being at their free concert in Hyde Park in July 1969 when and estimated 500,000 people turned out !! It was one of the great `happenings` of the era . And amazingly was close enough to the stage to see it all completely . 🤘
Was there too Chuffer!

Roscobbc

I didn`t see you ! :ROFLMAO:
Strange!...... I was standing to the rear left of the stage - a couple of hundred yards away - under a large Sycamore tree - I was wearing a pair of flared Levi's with constrasting pale blue inserts in the leg seam making them bell bottoms - wearing moccasins on my feet - also had lime green grandad tree button tee shirt - hair was shpulder length.......don't know how you missed me.....really odd!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Strange!...... I was standing to the rear left of the stage - a couple of hundred yards away - under a large Sycamore tree - I was wearing a pair of flared Levi's with constrasting pale blue inserts in the leg seam making them bell bottoms - wearing moccasins on my feet - also had lime green grandad tree button tee shirt - hair was shpulder length.......don't know how you missed me.....really odd!
No wonder I missed you , I was standing to the front left side of the stage so wouldn`t have seen you from there . I was wearing maroon jean type pants with deep blue inserts in the legs to make bell bottoms , trainers , yellow tee shirt with an army surplus shirt over the top and surrounded by a heap of empty beer cans that me and my mate Baz was generating !! Love and peace man . ☮️

Roscobbc

No wonder I missed you , I was standing to the front left side of the stage so wouldn`t have seen you from there . I was wearing maroon jean type pants with deep blue inserts in the legs to make bell bottoms , trainers , yellow tee shirt with an army surplus shirt over the top and surrounded by a heap of empty beer cans that me and my mate Baz was generating !! Love and peace man . ☮️
In fact we wern't so far apart - I was (veiwed from front of stage) to the left stage even though a good hundred yards or so away directly in line with Jagger and his girly smock top. I was the one with several long haired tall blonde and brunette hippy birds all on a burn yer bra kick and wearing see thru tops........(if only!)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
In fact we wern't so far apart - I was (veiwed from front of stage) to the left stage even though a good hundred yards or so away directly in line with Jagger and his girly smock top. I was the one with several long haired tall blonde and brunette hippy birds all on a burn yer bra kick and wearing see thru tops........(if only!)
Its a wonder we didn`t meet then !! You weren`t the guy making love to his chick just behind us during the Alexis Korner set were you ? :love:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Ros , did you go to any other Hyde Park free concerts ? I was at the Blind Faith gig , Canned Heat gig and also the Humble Pie gig . Stevie Marriot was the real deal and passed away far too soon . Did you go to Weeley Rock Festival are do any of the Reading Festivals of the good old days ? Reading was an anual pilgrimage for me and my mates . After three nights at that I used to turn up for work like a Zombie on Monday mornings . o_Oo_O

Roscobbc

Ros , did you go to any other Hyde Park free concerts ? I was at the Blind Faith gig , Canned Heat gig and also the Humble Pie gig . Stevie Marriot was the real deal and passed away far too soon . Did you go to Weeley Rock Festival are do any of the Reading Festivals of the good old days ? Reading was an anual pilgrimage for me and my mates . After three nights at that I used to turn up for work like a Zombie on Monday mornings . o_Oo_O
No - didn't do too many festivals and large events. Saw Canned Heat at the Albert Hall.......coincidentally been listening to them earliest this afternoon - quite impressed with some of thier very recent live gigs on Youtube.
In the day I mainly went to see some of the then lesser known's like Family, Man, SAHB, and Gong

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
How about Lincoln Festival 1972 ? What a mega line up of bands over three days ! Rory Gallagher on twice ! Awesome ! he was God in my eyes ! Saw him live several times.
If you were there , I was one of the guys who built a platform out of hay bales we ` aquired ` :D to get a better view of the stage but then spent a lot of time falling off it due to the amount of alcohol and cannibis resin consumed . :eek: It was being openly sold out the back of vans and you joined the queue like waiting for an ice cream ! Damned good stuff too and the Pigs hadn`t got a clue man ! :LOL:✌️R.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
No - didn't do too many festivals and large events. Saw Canned Heat at the Albert Hall.......coincidentally been listening to them earliest this afternoon - quite impressed with some of thier very recent live gigs on Youtube.
In the day I mainly went to see some of the then lesser known's like Family, Man, SAHB, and Gong
Was really into Family , Roger Chapman was a crazy guy and what about Dick Heckstall - Smith playing alto and tenor sax`s simultaniously !! They were a Leicester band and saw them on their home turf at Leicester De Montforte Hall in front of a capity crowd . Awesome gig . Saw Emerson Lake & Palmer there too as well as Deep Purple . I was in the balcony at that gig and there was so much `head banging ` going on you could feel the balcony flexing ! Or maybe it was all cannabis fumes . :unsure: