What have you done today ?

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Still recovering from my 60th birthday party on Saturday that included several club members and their Corvettes. Got a bunch of brill garage Corvette signs and pictures. The band were awesome and a possibility for the Nats next year. Please keep the noise down :cautious:
Happy Birthday , you are still a mere youth !! 🥳

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Had a fabulous day out today down at Fawley Hill Museum and Railway in the 300 acre estate of the famed MacAlpine Construction dynasty . Thanks to Alan Lewis for organising the special visit and was great meet up with some of the Thames Valley region members . For me it involved a nice blat southwards down the M40 to Marlow and then meet 6 other Corvettes where we had pride of place in front of the railway museum . A group of fabulous early MG`s from the TA / TB era were also invited guests to display their cars . The museum houses Sir William MacAplines massive collection of railway artifacts collected of a lifetime`s passion for all things railway . The standard gauge railway that climbs up through the stunning hilly and wooded estate and is the worlds steepest standard gauge `adhesion only ` incline at 1 in 13 which is very steep for relying purely on a narrow contact point of steel wheels on steel rails. Unfortunately the resident steam loco was not in action as it is having major boiler repairs carried out at the Great Western Centre in nearby Didcot so we had to make do with rides behind their Diesel Mechanical 0-6-0 shunter which was itself a 60 year old veteran from the British Railways era and powered by a stump pulling straight 8 cylinder Gardner diesel driving through a 5 speed epicylic gear box . The estate is also home to for a large variety of deer from around the world , plus emu and peacocks to name but a fee and all roam free in a lovely environment .
Thanks again Alan , a great day out with a difference . (y)
DSC_4815.JPGDSC_4814.JPGDSC_4817.JPGDSC_4808.JPGDSC_4796.JPGDSC_4820.JPGDSC_4799.JPGDSC_4834.JPGDSC_4836.JPGDSC_4832.JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Looks like a grand day out. I wanted to do that when it was first advertised, but alas couldn't make it.
It would have been quite a trek for you from sunny Zummerzet !!! But it was a fab day . The large 0 Gauge model railway and Gauge One radio controlled model railway with authentic sounds built into the locos were fantastic .

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
Yeah, if I did come I probably wouldn't have brought the Corvette. Still take part in the day though as a Corvette member, just minus a key ingredient :ROFLMAO:
“We ‘ll have our own party with heinz spaghetti “ 🤣remember the advert back in the day ? We should meet halfway up from cornwall and halfway down from somerset capt K . 👍

Roscobbc

When I was on the committee and the subject of a suitable Nationals location came-up........to as fair as possible we would try to find a location equi-distant for the members with the furthest journeys and the best road links - so effectively a location in the centre of the country. The location of the Sharnbrook Hotel in Bedfordshire 'fiited' that 'ask. A few miles from the M1 motorway. Previous venues like Wood Green were also close to the centre of the UK and a motorway link (A1M). Some might say that a venue that is located closer to where larger numbers of club members were located would be more fair........but that would have meant a move further south. That gives significant logicstic and travel issues for even more northern and western located members..........its seem to me that events like the Lakes are the perfect answer for many members.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
“We ‘ll have our own party with heinz spaghetti “ 🤣remember the advert back in the day ? We should meet halfway up from cornwall and halfway down from somerset capt K . 👍
I keep trying to make it to the monthly South West meetup, but finding the time is hard. Would certainly be good to meet you and see your Corvette :)

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Also an update on my FTO sunroof issue for those that really are that bored to be interested:
I fixed it. Interior out again, and sunroof re-calibrated again to the sunroof ECU so it opens and closes properly. I've secured the ECU better now with 3M velcro sticky strips.

Test drove the car around the local bumpy country roads without the interior in to see if the ECU stayed in and it seems solid. Operated the sunroof both ways every now and then throughout the journey and all good.
Put the headliner back in and a couple of simple items to make sure it stays up. Then went for a longer drive out and got petrol too. Repeated all my tests and its all good.

Wednesday this week I put all the interior back in again as needed the space as having guests this weekend. Not had chance to drive the car yet - let's hope its not gonna be a bugger again, just waiting for me to put all the interior back in :ROFLMAO:

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
I am pleased to announce what `I am not doing ` today and that is not going to Silverstone Festival as it is persisting down where I live 7 miles up the road. Feel sorry for everyone as it`s gonna be pretty grim for a while today . :( It will make the racing interesting though !!!

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Another great turn out of classics , oddballs , customs , the rare and not so rare and moderns on a fine evening at the monthly Wednesday DSC_4909.JPGDSC_4908.JPGDSC_4907.JPGDSC_4906.JPGDSC_4905.JPGDSC_4902.JPGDSC_4901.JPGDSC_4900.JPGDSC_4898.JPGDSC_4897.JPG Classic Cars & Bikes meet . Gotta be the best £6 spent anywhere . It really brings out petrolheads and Joe Public alike . Great to hang out and chat with other enthusiasts . Vic Freeland ( C5 ) and me ( C3 ) are regulars and a couple of other Corvettes showed up too . The white 1980 C3 was for sale asking £15 K . Also spotted a mega rare ( in UK anyway ) Chevy Corvair Monza .

Vetman

CCCUK Member
I am pleased to announce what `I am not doing ` today and that is not going to Silverstone Festival as it is persisting down where I live 7 miles up the road. Feel sorry for everyone as it`s gonna be pretty grim for a while today . :( It will make the racing interesting though !!!
I don’t like what you have done to your C3.
AA754BFE-666D-4B7F-BF42-193DA84CDEE2.jpeg