What have you done today ?

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Fitted some new Supertrapp goodies to the 4 inch diameter Supertrapp tail mufflers that were on the car when I bought it . It never had any discs fitted to control exhaust flow and volume and the ends were starting look shabby . Only went for three discs per side at present ( the more discs the louder the exhaust if blank end caps are fitted , the less discs , the quieter the sound ) but fitting Open Course Competition cone ends is equivalent to 12 discs per pipe . Needed to re tap the crudded up threads in the existing end plates first to fit the new 4mm stainless steel hex head bolts .Sounds fine on tick over and static revs , ( it was never quiet ) and it will be interesting to see what its like on the open road when I give some beans ! :D They tidy up the ends of the pipes too IMO .DSCF3499.JPGDSCF3498.JPG

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
With some heat cycles and carbon, those might not look very good
So could you use some high temp engine paint to protect them and look better ?

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
With some heat cycles and carbon, those might not look very good
So could you use some high temp engine paint to protect them and look better ?
That`s a good thought TeamZie , although they are stainless steel . I have a tin kicking about somewhere in the workshop . (y)

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Another fab day out today with CCCUK friends ( mostly Central South members from the West Midlands ----- Thanks to Mike Penn and his chums ) . We were back at Rushden Hall Park in Nothants for the annual Classic car & Bike Show . Always a big event with a huge array of classics , moderns and a few commercial vehicles . Huge crowds of Joe Public too , even more than previous years I think ! We had 11 members and their ladies with 10 Vettes from C2`s C3`s , 5`s 6`s and an C8 plus a Dodge Viper . All drew a lot of interest from the crowds and a fun day all round .DSC_4726.JPGDSC_4725.JPGDSC_4724.JPGDSC_4723.JPGDSC_4722.JPGDSC_4721.JPGDSC_4720.JPGDSC_4728.JPGDSC_4727.JPGDSC_4746.JPG

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
Well, that was fun.
I just had my three favourite summer tunes played on Greatest Hits Radio, which included a bit of a chat with the broadcasting legend that is Ken Bruce.
I did manage to get in a mention of my car and the CCCUK, so if you heard it then 👍😁

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
And the three were? ;)
Well, my musical choices have already been castigated by an ex-chairman of the club (🤣), but at the risk of further ridicule my selections were:-
Style Council - Long Hot Summer
DJ Jazzy Jeff - Summertime
Robert Plant - Big Log
None of which are anything like my regular tastes but make for good 'arm out of the window' summer tunes... 🌞
If you have nothing better to do you can hear it HERE from 105' onwards, but you do have to login with an email address...

mickn

CCCUK Member
Well, my musical choices have already been castigated by an ex-chairman of the club (🤣), but at the risk of further ridicule my selections were:-
Robert Plant - Big Log
None of which are anything like my regular tastes but make for good 'arm out of the window' summer tunes... 🌞
As Meatloaf said '2 out of 3 ain't bad', shame about DJ Jazzy Jeff ;)

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Robert Plant - Big Log
If you have nothing better to do you can hear it HERE from 105' onwards, but you do have to login with an email address...
Certainly an eclectic mix of music defo with you on the Main Man Mr. Plant . Good old Ken Bruce , he`s the only thing worth listening to on the radio IMO although I am partial to a bit of Classic FM to sooth the savage breast !!

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
So many faves to choose from but if pressed my top three summer time cruzin` toons would be :
1. Bob Seger - Hollywood Nights ( His greatest Hits Album cover even shows him perched casually on the hood of a C1 whilst waiting at a railroad crossing ) (y)
2. Don Henley - Boys of Summer .
3. Eagles - Take It Easy .

Roscobbc

If the on

We are arguably lucky in one respect living on the fringes of London.
DAB coverage.....I can listen to Caroline in stereo. And they don't call themselves the 'album station' for nothing.
Totally unpredictable, random artistes playing all generations of rock orientated music from DJ's (including our own Rob Ashard) who play want they and the listeners want (and not some influenced playlist). Couldn't be without it!

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Another great car meet at Earls Barton`s 1st Wednesday of the month gathering . Always throws up some interesting vehicles . Getting there at opening time of 4.30pm pays off as you beat the crowds and get Pole Position in front of the food trucks . 😋 Me and local CCCUK member Vic Freeland in his C5 are regulars . Here are few that caught my eye . The self built V8 powered MGF was amazing in terms of craftsmanship and design . The owner was a really interesting guy and it was the cars first outing after only getting it MOT`d a few days before . Real odd balls like the Matra Simca MuvDSC_3012.JPGDSC_4756.JPGDSC_4755.JPGDSC_4764.JPGDSC_4765.JPGDSC_4761.JPGDSC_4759.JPGDSC_4752.JPGena pop up and the beautifully restored Citreon Traction Avant . The US 6 Wheeler Army Truck was the other end of the spectrum !

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Another great car meet at Earls Barton`s 1st Wednesday of the month gathering . Always throws up some interesting vehicles . Getting there at opening time of 4.30pm pays off as you beat the crowds and get Pole Position in front of the food trucks . 😋 Me and local CCCUK member Vic Freeland in his C5 are regulars . Here are few that caught my eye . The self built V8 powered MGF was amazing in terms of craftsmanship and design . The owner was a really interesting guy and it was the cars first outing after only getting it MOT`d a few days before . Real odd balls like the Matra Simca MuvView attachment 27431View attachment 27433View attachment 27434View attachment 27435View attachment 27436View attachment 27437View attachment 27438View attachment 27440ena pop up and the beautifully restored Citreon Traction Avant . The US 6 Wheeler Army Truck was the other end of the spectrum !
DSC_4750.JPGDSC_4749.JPGDSC_4748.JPGDSC_4763.JPGDSC_4762.JPGDSC_4758.JPGDSC_4754.JPG