What have you done today ?

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Nice photos Chuffer. I would do the same with my layout, but its not in any way detailed yet. So much of it to do as it takes up the loft, but I was making good progress with it right up until I started project FTO earlier this summer. I'll get back to the railway later though.

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Nice photos Chuffer. I would do the same with my layout, but its not in any way detailed yet. So much of it to do as it takes up the loft, but I was making good progress with it right up until I started project FTO earlier this summer. I'll get back to the railway later though.
I will be back on the 12 inches to the foot scale railway on Friday . :D

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Nice early morning walk in the sunshine and chatting to two guys I know at HWM Aston Martin who do the car preparation/detailing. Discussing what products they use etc. One of 22 worldwide DBR22s on site.

Attachments

• DBR22 3.jpg
    DBR22 3.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DBR22 2.jpg
    DBR22 2.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 6
  • DBR22 1.jpg
    DBR22 1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 6

mickn

CCCUK Member
Took a young lady to her prom last night in the C7 and then went to to the Locksheath Classic Car Club meet where one of these turned up!

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Took a young lady to her prom last night in the C7 and then went to to the Locksheath Classic Car Club meet where one of these turned up!

Stunning looking creation . One turned up at a Towcester Racecourse Classic Car meet back in 2021 . Like many others at the event I was entranced !!DSCF2625.JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Been back in the BIG TOY BOX today . Nothing too note worthy to but on the `Different Train of Thought ` thread though . Just the ongoing tedium but very necessary removal of old paint and surface rust from various components and getting a liberal coat of red oxide primer on . Job number 1 was surface grind and wire brush part of the hand brake mechanism off the tender of Sir Lamiel . A tad more robust than the parking brake clevis on a Corvette C3 don`t you think and definitely more affective too as when screwed down tight the hand brake will hold the 120 ton loco in place no trouble ! I the meantime my good friend Alan was getting a coat of primer on a newly welded in repair panel on the coal and water tender after grinding the welds off flush . DSCF3491.JPGDSCF3494.JPGDSCF3493.JPGDSCF3495.JPGDSCF3497.JPGA couple of pieces of the cylinder cladding panels also got the same treatment then it was on to stripping down the battery box that holds a series of wet cell batteries that power the Automatic Warning System that was an early form of train protection system fitted to steam locomotives in the latter years . Originally fitted with old fashioned rewireable fuses it now has modern Miniture Circuit Breakers . Come the time to ` book off and f*** off ` as we say on the railway I had to walk past these two black beauties just being lit up in readiness for the weekend service trains . Only a the barest wisp of smoke of the chimneys but oh that wonderful sulpherous smell of coal smoke . :love:

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
First time I’ve heard that saying, but I love it. 😂
Actually the full phrase is " Hook Off , Book Off & F*** Off " which basically means Uncouple the loco from the train , run the loco onto the loco depot , sign off duty and get off home . Usually via a couple of quick pints in the nearest pub to quench the thirst . :p

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Actually the full phrase is " Hook Off , Book Off & F*** Off " which basically means Uncouple the loco from the train , run the loco onto the loco depot , sign off duty and get off home . Usually via a couple of quick pints in the nearest pub to quench the thirst . :p
I well remember the scene as a boy at the turn of the 1960`s . The footpath entrance to Northampton Steam Loco depot was directly opposite the Working Men`s Club in Main Road , Far Cotton and my aunt lived in the house next door . I spent many a weekend staying with my aunt and a full week every school summer holidays and `train spot ` to my hearts content . Ironically the loco 48305 in the photo today was allocated to Northampton Depot in those days and I have fond memories of seeing either `on shed ` or hauling freight trains in our area . My aunt and uncle would take me for pop & crisps down the ` The Workies Club ` of an evening and the entrance lobby was full of loco drivers and firemans caps and jackets on the peg rails while they were propping up the bar slaking their thirsts and washing the coal dust down . Happy days and needless to say from that day on I was hooked on steam locos . :D

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Haven't started yet but will shortly be peeling and sticking 250 Corvette club stickers to 250 paper gift bags for the Nats next weekend. Joy of joys. Adult beverages will be required so the placement of said stickers maybe less than perfect by 150+

Weather's looking better than the crap we had last year

1720874910866.png

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Haven't started yet but will shortly be peeling and sticking 250 Corvette club stickers to 250 paper gift bags for the Nats next weekend. Joy of joys. Adult beverages will be required so the placement of said stickers maybe less than perfect by 150+

Weather's looking better than the crap we had last year

View attachment 27012
I hope you are right but it`s a week away and the weather can turn on a sixpence in this damned country . I am just keeping fingers crossed for a decent day for our club display at Kimbolton Classic tomorrow .

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Well that went well, not. Bored after just one.. Placing the partial stack in front of me is probably not the best idea...

I did think of an idea though - one bag will be different to the rest, the lucky recipient gets a free 2025/2026 membership

1720876395640.jpeg

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Six BBNC members and our ` better halves ` were at Kimbolton Classic Car Show & Country Fayre in the grounds of Kimbolton Castle private school . A large and varied display of cars on show including a modified Mitsubishi FTO done to a very high standard that I just had grab a photo of just for Captain K . :D Some other interesting American there too . The general opinion was that the show was not as good as previous years ( it`s been running a long time ) with fewer classic cars , not a high quality of trade stands as past years , and much less going on in the show arena as in the past which was a pity because it was always a high quality event . Less Joe Public too it seemed . We all still enjoyed a very social day though and even had a guest appearance from the CCCUK Mascot - see if you can spot which one of three it is ! :LOL:
DSC_4576.JPGDSC_4548.JPGDSC_4549.JPGDSC_4546 - Copy.JPGDSC_4578.JPGDSC_4577.JPGDSC_4576.JPGDSC_4568.JPGDSC_4567.JPGDSC_4565 - Copy.JPGDSC_4552.JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Just to keep me happy there was even beautifully accurate detailed model railway layout depicting the long defunct Kimbolton Railway Station . This was on display in the main house of Kimbolton Castle .(y) :D
DSC_4555.JPG