What have you done today ?

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Sure do feel sorry for organisers as you say Forrest . Within a few miles of where I am currently listening to it hammering down there is the long established Hollowell Traction Engine Rally and Classic Car Show today that so often gets blighted by the weather . We also have a lot of soggy campers in a field in our village as we are only 9 miles from Silverstone Grand Prix and the Great Central Railway where I work on the locos has its Vintage Transport Gala Weekend this weekend so a real bummer all round .
And it’s it my Mums‘ church fete this afternoon (Kelvedon 2-4pm).
I’ve got to go - to defend my “welly throwing” title that I won last year. Rain could make conditions tricky though.

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Sure glad I didn`t take the Vette to this car show today !! My PC is lighting up with notifications of cancelled car meets I am linked in to . :(
Wet Corvette.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
And it’s it my Mums‘ church fete this afternoon (Kelvedon 2-4pm).
I’ve got to go - to defend my “welly throwing” title that I won last year. Rain could make conditions tricky though.
You will need one pair to wear and another to throw :ROFLMAO: If you can believe the forecast it might just clear up as your fete is finishing !!

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
You will need one pair to wear and another to throw :ROFLMAO: If you can believe the forecast it might just clear up as your fete is finishing !!
Oh yea, guaranteed to dry up just as it’s finishing ….Same as Monday mornings are usually glorious and sunny after a wet weekend……just in time for me to go back to work 😩😩

Chuffer

CCCUK Member

Oh yea, guaranteed to dry up just as it’s finishing ….Same as Monday mornings are usually glorious and sunny after a wet weekend……just in time for me to go back to work 😩😩
Just like yesterday too . Lovely warm sunshine all day in Loughborough and I was all buttoned up in a boiler suite inside the loco workshops . At least I could have a tea break outside in the sun surrounded by smokey steam locos ! :love:
Now look at it today , the C3 sits on the drive under its Monsoon Cover and I have got a gob on !! 😡

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Looks a bit sad sitting in the rain, at least it’s got something over the rag top, which is probably more than it had in its youth. Most probably saw many a rainy day outside when bought new and used as everyday transport.

mickn

CCCUK Member
Few things look more dejected than a 'vert sitting in the rain......

View attachment 26903
I need her space in the garage for other projects at the moment so she's been banished outside - she doesn't look happy. :(
My 73 convertible will be joining yours outside soon as well as I temporarily need the garage space, have bought a Halfords all seasons cover for it, it was either that or the 63 convertible, I felt more sorry for the old(er) gal in the end so the 63 stays in the garage.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
My 73 convertible will be joining yours outside soon as well as I temporarily need the garage space, have bought a Halfords all seasons cover for it, it was either that or the 63 convertible, I felt more sorry for the old(er) gal in the end so the 63 stays in the garage.
Keep those mid years tucked away inside.

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Bloody typical !! Sat at home watching it pee with rain more on than off all day , then about 5 pm the sun comes out and we have lovely blue skies . Aaaaaaaaaaah ! :mad:

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
I made the BIG mistake today of believing the weather forecast so made no plans to do much . By the time it looked like it was gonna stay fine all day it was too late to do anything worthwhile . :rolleyes: What a waste of a day !! Watched the Grand Prix on TV which I never normally follow but actually quite enjoyed it . There was even overtaking and changes of leader which seemed alien to me never having endured watching an entire race before due to abject boredom setting in . It demonstrated how localised our weather can be though with not a rain drop in sight in our village but several bouts of heavy rain at Silverstone Circuit just 7 miles away as the crow flies . Speeds of 180 plus mph on intermediates or slicks must focus the mind a bit !! Not like like our modest quick blasts on the circuit last year .DSCF3328.JPG

mickn

CCCUK Member
Had a very pleasant hour and a half out on the sunny south coast this afternoon with the roof down in the C3.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
All the bad weather reminds me of going to the shows last year. The first one is one of our favourites - Mid Devon Show (one day show) - grey when I started out, but dry. Invited all my family along too, and they came to stay for the weekend with us. As soon as we all got there early to the show, it tipped it down, horrendous. Poor C3 was soaked, as were we all.

Next was the West Somerset Railway Steam Gala. Two day event. Wife's family with us for the weekend. We are booked in for Saturday only. It chucks it down the night before, and all day Saturday. We decided not to go and try to blag Sunday instead. Thankfully we got the C3 in on Sunday instead and it was a "chalk and cheese" day compared to Saturday. Good weather, nice and dry.

As for "what have you done today" - I've managed to reinstall my sunroof back in the FTO and got the electrics all work. The dodgy sun shade still isn't great, but hey hum. Need to tweak the sunroof control box a little though as it seems to want to run over slightly on closure - kept clicking for a bit. The sunroof glass is also a bit stiff in the sunroof shaped hole in the roof, so needs a little shove to open and close properly. I'll get there. Got the front windscreen scuttle back on after I repainted it. Whilst the interior is out, I've also run a fixed cable for my dashcam. Doesn't sound much, but I've wasted so much time on that blimmin sunroof.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Had the "daily driver" machine polished and ceramic coated (bodywork, windows, wheels, calipers and wheel hubs). Very happy with the result.

Attachments

• Ceramic 1 090724.jpg
    Ceramic 1 090724.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Ceramic 2 090724.jpg
    Ceramic 2 090724.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 9

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
As rain stopped play again ( like Wimbledon) with my ongoing project of replacing the rotten log edging along the the garden path , I decided to go and watch the comings and goings at my local railway station on the North Wales coast . AKA the layout in my den and we all know the sun always shines at the seaside in Wales !! :LOL:
I saw the arrival of the `Cambrian Coast Express ` and was joined by another enthusiast with his camera and a trainspotting schoolboy on the end of the platform . The Loco uncoupled from the train and went onto the loco depot turntable for turning and filling up with coal and water before returning to the station ready to haul the return train back to Shrewsbury where another locomotive took over for the journey to London Paddington . There were a few passengers and their luggage waiting to board the train , plus a Parcels Van being loaded in the bay platform . I then I DSCF3463.JPGDSCF3478.JPGDSCF3479.JPGDSCF3489.JPGDSCF3481.JPGDSCF3483.JPGhad an ice lolly and went back home to reality !!