What have you done today ?

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
They did indeed explain it at the time (vaguely remember it now though - memory of a .... something, what were we talking about? :ROFLMAO: (and yes, I did notice the vacuum pump mounted on the side)

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Nipped out for a `Steam Fix` today to see this beast running down the West Coast Mainline not far from where I live . It was travelling from Crewe Heritage Centre to Southhall Depot in London . The loco is Number 70000 named ` Britannia` and the precursor to the 55 strong `Britannia` class of locos . By my calculation it was hauling approx 360 tons plus a 125 ton diesel hung on the rear that definitely was not doing any pushing . It was roaring along in fine style as it neared the summit of a continuous 6 mile climb from Northampton Station . Pure 1956 nostalgia as the livery of the coaches was short lived and affectionately known as `Blood & Custard ` livery that was phased out in 1956 and the loco is in period perfect 1956 livery too and took me back to my childhood days watching them roar through the magnificently long and deep Roade Cutting .
We should be getting our boiler back from repair about August time so we can crack on screwing everything together to get our very own `Britannia` Class Loco 70013 `Oliver Cromwell ` ( seen here on the day we waved it goodbye ) steaming again and back on the UK`s national rail system too hauling charter trains again . :DDSC_4210.JPGDSC_4208.JPGDSCF2760.JPG

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Always liked the C3 corvette, the shape is marvellous. With the chrome bumpers the car really pops. Once the new 5mph bumpers came into law I thought the stylist handled the transformation rather well. The car still looked great.
Dark Color and chrome really make the car stand out.

mickn

CCCUK Member
Went to Nick Mason's garden event yesterday, really pleasant relaxed day. Porsches and Ferraris everywhere but I only saw 4 Corvettes including mine. Didn't catch his name but had a chat with an American (I think) Surrey member who had his 1970 War Bonnet Yellow C3 with him, been in his family since 1971 apparently! Silvery grey C5 and deep maroon looking C4 ZR1 were the other 2. If you've never been to this it's worth a visit, all monies to charity, he does this once a year.

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
Went to Nick Mason's garden event yesterday, really pleasant relaxed day. Porsches and Ferraris everywhere but I only saw 4 Corvettes including mine. Didn't catch his name but had a chat with an American (I think) Surrey member who had his 1970 War Bonnet Yellow C3 with him, been in his family since 1971 apparently! Silvery grey C5 and deep maroon looking C4 ZR1 were the other 2. If you've never been to this it's worth a visit, all monies to charity, he does this once a year.
Breakfast run to newquay this morning , shared the parking with a proper old skool harley chopper, tstted ool with oper primaries chucking oil out everywhere , beautiful πŸ˜¬πŸ‘IMG_8337.jpegIMG_8338.jpeg

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Finally replaced the recalcitrant speedo cable on the C3 today so it was a day spent grovelling about under the car on axle stands and then doing head stands under the dash ( not fun !!) to remove old cable and fit new . Having stripped out the long defunct cruise control transducer with its two piece speedo cables , I fitted a one piece cable direct from the auto trans and through to the speedometer . It was only a modest 26 degrees C today but working in a a big workshop with walls and roof clad in acres of aluminium was a tad warm ! I fealt like Steve Mcqueen the ` Cooler King ` in the Great Escape movie !! πŸ™ A cool shower and a cold cider was just the ticket when I got home . :p

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
New coil lead on the Widow Maker (made it myself πŸ’₯) and stuffed 58 tickets in envelopes for Stars and Stripes next weekend. Sooo glad for self stick envelopes and stamps. Checked the silver BB for any damage after letting my elder lad use it for the Prom on Thursday. All good (y)

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
New coil lead on the Widow Maker (made it myself πŸ’₯) and stuffed 58 tickets in envelopes for Stars and Stripes next weekend. Sooo glad for self stick envelopes and stamps. Checked the silver BB for any damage after letting my elder lad use it for the Prom on Thursday. All good (y)
Huge relief all round then .😧