What have you done today

mickn

CCCUK Member
Spent the afternoon removing the bumpers on the C2 ready for re-chroming, quite an effort especially the rear ones.

antijam

CCCUK Member
Just spent a rather frustrating day chasing down the the latest in what has been a long term series of intermittent misfiring problems on my '71 sbc. These have cropped up at irregular intervals since I bought the car and in attempts to sort them I've so far replaced the plugs (twice) the plug leads (twice) the distributor cap, the rotor arm, the points, the condenser, the coil, the carburettor and the fuel filters so when during the latest drive it became obvious that at least one pot was not contributing to the party I was not a happy bunny.
Previous problems have usually been associated with cylinders 5 and/or 7 and sure enough after lifting the lid my infra red thermometer showed No. 7 to be on strike. Connecting my timing lamp to plug lead 7 confirmed a lack of sparks so checked the resistance of plug and lead and both appeared to be in spec. Being the sort of OCD hoarder who never throws anything away, I dug out an old plug lead and swapped it for No 7. No change - still no sparks, so swap plugs 5 and 7. Sure enough, no sparks now on 5 so I discard the plug and unearth an old one from the hoard of junk. Re-connect everything up and Bingo! - no misfire, smooth as a turbine!
So - I had a duff plug - a genuine ACR44TS - that tested OK. :unsure:
Hey Ho - wonder what the next misfire's going to throw up ?

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
Just spent a rather frustrating day chasing down the the latest in what has been a long term series of intermittent misfiring problems on my '71 sbc. These have cropped up at irregular intervals since I bought the car and in attempts to sort them I've so far replaced the plugs (twice) the plug leads (twice) the distributor cap, the rotor arm, the points, the condenser, the coil, the carburettor and the fuel filters so when during the latest drive it became obvious that at least one pot was not contributing to the party I was not a happy bunny.
Previous problems have usually been associated with cylinders 5 and/or 7 and sure enough after lifting the lid my infra red thermometer showed No. 7 to be on strike. Connecting my timing lamp to plug lead 7 confirmed a lack of sparks so checked the resistance of plug and lead and both appeared to be in spec. Being the sort of OCD hoarder who never throws anything away, I dug out an old plug lead and swapped it for No 7. No change - still no sparks, so swap plugs 5 and 7. Sure enough, no sparks now on 5 so I discard the plug and unearth an old one from the hoard of junk. Re-connect everything up and Bingo! - no misfire, smooth as a turbine!
So - I had a duff plug - a genuine ACR44TS - that tested OK. :unsure:
Hey Ho - wonder what the next misfire's going to throw up ?
Good detective workπŸ‘

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
Moved a grand piano to a restaurant on godrevy towans, got home and took the 72 for a 52 mile jaunt in the fading light,
Drove through the safari park but no animals in sight😀. Stopped to listen to some Robert Plant, (name the song ) 🀣 headed to truro, perranporth and newquay
Then went to spaceport .fuelled up and cruised home. ( the safari park was actually the grounds of Trelissick house down by the king harry ferry) IMG_8876.jpegIMG_8875.jpegIMG_8872.jpegIMG_8878.jpeg

Roscobbc

Great images.........how much of a Robert Plant fan are you (and yours)? - I see an almost an early Robert Plant hairstyle there!

I remember the first (and only) time I saw Led Zepplin
October 18th 1968 at the Marquee Club, Wardour Street
marquee-october-18-1968

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
Great images.........how much of a Robert Plant fan are you (and yours)? - I see an almost an early Robert Plant hairstyle there!

I remember the first (and only) time I saw Led Zepplin
October 18th 1968 at the Marquee Club, Wardour Street
marquee-october-18-1968
Ha ha !πŸ‘that was the wife trying to hide from camera. Not a RB superfan, but liked a bit of ledzep back in the day, did you miss the elephant in the room ? Big Log !πŸ€£πŸ‘

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Ha that was the wife trying to hide from camera. Not a RB superfan, but liked a bit of ledzep back in the day, did you miss the elephant in the room ? Big Log !πŸ€£πŸ‘
Love the pics (y) You are lucky have drives like that on your doorstep . I`ve had many great holidays in Cornwall , mostly on the Lizard . Have been to Trelisik , and via the King harry Ferry too . Also a big Led Zep fan , Robert Plant is the Main Man in my book . Unfortunately I never got to see them live but did have a brief encounter with Planty at Arley Station on the Severn Valley Railway . A really nice guy . He was hanging out at the station and admiring the loco I was driving, we shook hands and he said he envied me driving such a magnifient beast !!! I was well chuffed . :ROFLMAO:

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
Love the pics (y) You are lucky have drives like that on your doorstep . I`ve had many great holidays in Cornwall , mostly on the Lizard . Have been to Trelisik , and via the King harry Ferry too . Also a big Led Zep fan , Robert Plant is the Main Man in my book . Unfortunately I never got to see them live but did have a brief encounter with Planty at Arley Station on the Severn Valley Railway . A really nice guy . He was hanging out at the station and admiring the loco I was driving, we shook hands and he said he envied me driving such a magnifient beast !!! I was well chuffed . :ROFLMAO:
It looked lovely when I drove in there , then I realised the cattle roam freely so a lot of cow pats all over the road and despite my best dodging tactics , a lot ended up in my tyre treads ! This morning I went for a tour of my friend’s new chevrolet (I mean Kia ) dealership On the A30 at Indian Queens. πŸ‘IMG_8892.jpeg

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Cow poo certainly does stick like Sh*t to a blanket !! Its a bugger to shift off the wheel arches . My problem is avoiding the horse poo on the lane up to the workshop where my Vette lives . It is next door to a Livery Stables so horses galore out for a hack . They sure take to the hills when the Vette approaches though :LOL:
As for Cornwall , you just gotta love the amazing place names down there , Indian Queens , etc etc . I spent many a happy hour years ago in London Apprentice ( what a name that is !!) where a mate who was a musician and all round Bon Vivant lived in a cottage he rented from the legendary singer song writer James Taylor .

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
Cow poo certainly does stick like Sh*t to a blanket !! Its a bugger to shift off the wheel arches . My problem is avoiding the horse poo on the lane up to the workshop where my Vette lives . It is next door to a Livery Stables so horses galore out for a hack . They sure take to the hills when the Vette approaches though :LOL:
As for Cornwall , you just gotta love the amazing place names down there , Indian Queens , etc etc . I spent many a happy hour years ago in London Apprentice ( what a name that is !!) where a mate who was a musician and all round Bon Vivant lived in a cottage he rented from the legendary singer song writer James Taylor .
Many a night spent camping in a farmers hay barn in london apprentice in my schooldays, my mate lived in the village . I moved a baby grand a couple of years ago from ralph mc tell , ( streets of london ) who also lives there . Lovely fella so genuine and down to earth . πŸ‘

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Many a night spent camping in a farmers hay barn in london apprentice in my schooldays, my mate lived in the village . I moved a baby grand a couple of years ago from ralph mc tell , ( streets of london ) who also lives there . Lovely fella so genuine and down to earth . πŸ‘
Sorry , senior moment !!! I meant Ralph McTell not James Taylor . :rolleyes: Small world innit ?? My mate Barny Potter was as mad as a box of frogs and a laugh a minute . One memorable night was a New Years Eve gig with his band in Newquay . Jerry Rafferty ( RIP ) was part of their set back in the day too .

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
Big fire a few months back in the
Sorry , senior moment !!! I meant Ralph McTell not James Taylor . :rolleyes: Small world innit ?? My mate Barny Potter was as mad as a box of frogs and a laugh a minute . One memorable night was a New Years Eve gig with his band in Newquay . Jerry Rafferty ( RIP ) was part of their set back in the day too .
we have a quite a few famous musicians down ere, many years ago I helped with a grand piano down a scary steep set of wet and slippery slate steps for the (clue) β€œshe’s a lady β€œ artist and many years later his steinway K upright to London for his daughter.

Roscobbc

It looked lovely when I drove in there , then I realised the cattle roam freely so a lot of cow pats all over the road and despite my best dodging tactics , a lot ended up in my tyre treads ! This morning I went for a tour of my friend’s new chevrolet (I mean Kia ) dealership On the A30 at Indian Queens. πŸ‘View attachment 27751
Dried cow pats make really excellent 'organic' Frisbys

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Big fire a few months back in the

we have a quite a few famous musicians down ere, many years ago I helped with a grand piano down a scary steep set of wet and slippery slate steps for the (clue) β€œshe’s a lady β€œ artist and many years later his steinway K upright to London for his daughter.
That`ll be Tom the Voice I guess then Boyo ??