What have you been up to today

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
Great pic of the D Type test driver!

I'm cladding the outside of my concrete bunker garage with the same boards you've used which was a good excuse to buy some nail guns which have been a blessing and so far no great blood loss.
"no great blood loss" 🤣

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Nice to see you've got the Corvette banner on the wall to remind you what that strange car you've got is.;)

At my age I not only have trouble remembering what they are, but where to park them too......

View attachment 23442

The baby 'D' type looks great - be interesting to know how well it does at Bonhams. My cousin had a real one back in the '60's. I don't know what he finally sold it for, but he's regretted it ever since! :(
Jeepers , he could have retired on it probably 👍

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Great pic of the D Type test driver!

I'm cladding the outside of my concrete bunker garage with the same boards you've used which was a good excuse to buy some nail guns which have been a blessing and so far no great blood loss.
That is “Delilah” latest grandaughter over on a visit from ireland! 👍

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
The Daytime Monterey 2023 Auction

Mecum’s Monterey Auction takes place August 17th – 19th at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa – Del Monte Golf Course in Monterey, California. 600 cars are expected.
Gates open at 8am each day. Motortrend will have live TV coverage August 18th and 19th from 1-6 pm ET.
Discovery picks up the live coverage on August 19th from 1-3 pm ET.

Mecum offers options for in-person, telephone and internet bidding starting at $100, and you can register to bid at Mecum.com.
If you want to check out the action as a spectator, click here for ticket info.

I think when James is bidding on this C3

78c3.jpg

He should buy this as a gift to me as I am a good boy :)

66c2.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Just back from a great evening meet for Classic cars & bikes at Silverstone Circuits newish museum . American and Hot Rods was the feature this time . Only a small turn out but this event is in its infancy . Glorious evening , interesting cars , met interesting people and three of us from CCCUK turned up plus another two C3`s . The blue one for sale and the gorgeous yellow stroker with roller lifters and a very good engine spec . Gareth the owner was from Milton Keynes and had only owned it three months and a newbie to American cars and Corvette ownership . I think I talked him into becoming a member as was keen to learn more , get knowledge and support and I gave him recommendations for trustworthy workshops experienced in Corvettes and Americans in our area . Dave K from Central South Region and I were last to leave and took advantage of some sunset Vet shots .DSC_2941.JPGDSC_2942.JPGDSC_2947.JPGDSC_2949.JPGDSC_2950.JPGDSC_2955.JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
More from tonight . Off to Earls Barton Classic Meet tomorrow evening for another sunny evening and probably about 500 car turn out !!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yesterday has become today now , but what a great turn out at the Earls Barton monthly midweek classic car and bike meet . There must have been close on 400 cars there at the peak of the show . It`s got to be the best `casual ` meet of it`s kind on a midweek evening and all for a £ fiver ! It always throws up an amazing variety of cars from an ultra rare and now very expensive Lancia Aurelia B4 Coupe to this stunning Hot Rod . Four of us from BBNC Region attended plus plenty of other Americana .
Great cars , great company and coffee , cake and Corvettes . ( Great fish & chips too ) , what`s not to like ?? 😁 The show field shot was taken only half our after the gates opened at 4.30 pm . By 6.30 pm the field was full .DSC_3007.JPGDSC_2997.JPGDSC_2995.JPGDSC_3011.JPGDSC_3012.JPGDSC_2987.JPG

Roscobbc

That hot rod is crazy - blower 'fed' by a whole bunch of single barrel carbs.........then 'feeding' a single inlet blower via a fairly convoluted manifold.......whats wring with a 4 barrell carb (two barrell even......)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
That hot rod is crazy - blower 'fed' by a whole bunch of single barrel carbs.........then 'feeding' a single inlet blower via a fairly convoluted manifold.......whats wring with a 4 barrell carb (two barrell even......)
Yeah , very odd set up on a stonking great Oldsmobile lump . Couldn`t miss it for miles !
Here are some more Earls Barton beauties from English elegance to American muscle with some Italian style thrown in for good measure . The big block Camaro was stunning .DSC_2986.JPGDSC_2991.JPGDSC_2992.JPGDSC_2993.JPGDSC_2996.JPGDSC_2999.JPGDSC_3001.JPGDSC_3003.JPGDSC_2979.JPGDSC_2981.JPG

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
4 of us just erected our club stand at Passion for Power at Tatton Park this weekend followed by a hearty full English as a reward.

For the first time in what feels like forever, we may have a dry weekend but I won't hold my breath

Jane

CCCUK Member
More from tonight . Off to Earls Barton Classic Meet tomorrow evening for another sunny evening and probably about 500 car turn out !!
Aw you did put my Z in, although it was probably the least shiny of all of them there - thank you. Just back from a 10 day tour of France hence the dirt and the UK sticker! I’ll try to write and article about the trip for the magazine….

IMG_8914.jpeg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Corvettes at Holdenby House Classics yesterday . BBNC members Rob & Tina Thornton attended with their C2 Big Block and me and my better half in the C3 . The owner of the black C5 was a lapsed member from Rutland but I convinced him he should re join the club . A few other Yanks there too DSC_3030.JPGDSC_3026.JPGDSC_3017.JPGDSC_3018.JPGDSC_3019.JPGDSC_3020.JPGDSC_3023.JPGand some rare and unusual other classics . The venue is a lovely Tudor mansion where King Charles 1st. was banged up before he lost his head after the English Civil War . We took afternoon tea in very genteel style in the old stable block tea rooms and the had the best home made scrummy cakes ever - ever .🍰 😛

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
You’d need a big block after those cakes!
And
You’d need a big block after those cakes!
Plus Roger and me ( apologies for previous name error ) got freebie samples of the cooks amazing home made rhubarb & strawberry tarts to try as well because we were so complimentary about her culinary talents . The girls were too full up to eat anymore so we pigged the lot !! 😁 Didn`t need to eat for the remainder of the day !!