What have you done today

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
"Popped" into Ian Allan this morning. GM owned RHD C8 ZO6 Vert in the showroom.

Attachments

• Z06 IA 210924 (2).jpg
    Z06 IA 210924 (2).jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Z06 IA 210924 (3).jpg
    Z06 IA 210924 (3).jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Z06 IA 210924 (4).jpg
    Z06 IA 210924 (4).jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Zo6 IA 210924 (1).jpg
    Zo6 IA 210924 (1).jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 6

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Finally, after many years, on Sunday just gone I went down to Strawberry Fields in Lifton for the SW Corvette monthly meet up. Managed to fight through all the really bad driving rain on the A30, but felt reassured just before I turned off as I saw a nice Silver C2 that must have just missed the junction as they were heading eastbound (me westbound, about to turn off).

Turned into Strawberry Fields (just off the A30 dually) and couldn't see any Corvettes.

It didn't take me long before two things dawned on me:
1) I was in the wrong car.
2) It was the wrong weekend.

So in the end I had lunch with a nice elderly couple that just happened to share the same surname as me.

20240922_123500.jpg

(FTOs first big outing after respray and fixing sunroof and putting all back together and it was "end of the world" style heavy rain)

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
If you a gonna get it wrong you might as well do it big time !!!!
Amazing coincidence that the old folks were called CaptainK too ???? :ROFLMAO:
At least you know roof doesn`t leak anymore . (y)

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
It was most coincidental that they were there, and that the male in the elderly couple looked a lot like me when he was about 30 years younger. People would think I'd arranged to meet them there or something.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Had a cheap and cheerful fun day at Silverstone Circuit today courtesy of ` Car Natter ` a local on line car enthusiasts group that organises regular meets for car enthusiasts of all persuasions . The racing was the BRSCC Silverston Finals Weekend and not major league but entertaining non the less with Super Classib pre 1999 Formula Ford Championship , Nankang Tyres City Car Cup Championship , MG Metro Cup Championship and Citreon C1 Endurance Series .
The City Car and C1 races might only be ` Shopping Trolley ` cars but the competition was fierce enough with a few `comings together ` , spins and off s and lots of tyre squealing . All for an entry ticket of £10 discounted from the normal adult price of £17.50 , a reserved suite and balcony viewing for Car Natter members only in the Brooklands Hospitality facility with free nibbles and soft drinks plus 10% of food and beverages in the Pit Stop Cafe . Whats not to like ???
With the Brooklands Suite situated track side where Wellington Straight turns into the sharp Brooklands Corner left hander so a good spot for a bit of do or die action .
We had reserved parking in the paddock area too and the Corvette drew some attention from passers by as it rather stood out from the long line Porches , 🥱( only a lovely Duck Tail 911 stood out for me ) , a line of DSC_4972.JPGDSC_4994.JPGDSC_5045.JPGDSC_5053.JPGDSC_5049.JPGDSC_5057.JPGDSC_5015.JPGDSC_5064.JPGDSC_4977.JPGDSC_4974.JPG Maserati`s and the odd Ferrari and a Lambo plus the odd hot hatch or two . A couple of new generation Camaro`s appeared later in the morning so re parked the C3 next to them for the pose value :).

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
A couple of new generation Camaro`s appeared later in the morning so re parked the C3 next to them for the pose value :).
Then went and parked next to the Dodges? :) I was interested to see on Instagram that Chris Harris with his 850k followers, was at Spa with what I presume is "his" 5th Gen '2014/64 Plate Camaro Z28. Didn't realise he was into American cars?
Chris Harris on Instagram: "Z28 at the original Stavelot. @spafrancorchamps is perhaps the best circuit to explore. The extent and madness of the original long-route still blows my mind. Obligatory chips at the Masta fritery, as you imagine what it was like to pilot a 917 through there at lord-knows-what-speed. @spasixhours"
Clive Sutton has one for sale right now. Has the 500 bhp LS7 engine, Nice! :
2014 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Petrol Manual | eBay

Last edited:

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
We went on the East Anglia region Prostate Cancer UK charity run today and it was great to see such a good turnout, and some huge distances travelled by some to attend.
Congratulations to our regional reps Neil Williamson for organising..... Pics HERE.
A good amount raised for a very good cause.
Just Giving page is HERE - feel free to donate as generously as you can 😁

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
"Hot In The City " to quote Billy Idol . Went to a Milton Keynes ` Retro and Classic ` meet this afternoon held in the car parks around the Barn Beefeater restaurant in central Milton Keynes . All very informal and an interesting mix of cars coming and going throughout the afternoon . The Vette drew the usual amount of interest and photographs and it was good chatting with other car enthusiasts . Had a long chat with the owner of the stunning `72 Dodge Charger that he dragged out of someones garden as a rust bucket and achieved the stunning restoration himself in just 2 years over the Covid lock downs . A real stunner !! DSC_5066.JPGDSC_5075.JPGDSC_5077.JPGDSC_5079.JPGDSC_5078.JPGDSC_5074.JPGDSC_5073.JPGDSC_5072.JPGDSC_5070.JPGDSC_5065.JPG

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I went out into Taunton centre over the weekend (Saturday I think) to see the Taunton Market Festival thingy. Nice day out going for a wander. Driving in Taunton to the carpark I spied a green C3 on an old "L" reg going the other way. Sadly I was not in my C3, but the Skoda. Nice to see another one nearby, but it does now mean that Corvettes have been all too common in the Taunton area now. Drats.

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
I went out into Taunton centre over the weekend (Saturday I think) to see the Taunton Market Festival thingy. Nice day out going for a wander. Driving in Taunton to the carpark I spied a green C3 on an old "L" reg going the other way. Sadly I was not in my C3, but the Skoda. Nice to see another one nearby, but it does now mean that Corvettes have been all too common in the Taunton area now. Drats.
" Saturday I think " ??? Glad it`s not just me with short term memory loss Captain !! :LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
My memory is just appalling Chuffs. Shockingly bad.
Who said that ? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

PS . I will be working on the Great Central Railway at the start of their Autumn Gala event this week and we have `your loco` 7828 Odney Manor hired in from the West Somerset Railway as the star attraction . I will ping you photo if I get the chance . 🤞